Tyson Fresh Meats Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tyson Fresh Meats

2.1

Sort:

Community Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats.

Interview

Online Application, 2 separate phone interviews (first with HR Complex Plant Manager & one of the Asst HR Managers, Second with those two and other Asst HR Manager), 2 separate in person interviews (with Complex Plant Manager & Corporate Community Relations Manager, second with Complex Plant Manager & Operations Manager)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a "kill (carcass) floor", and how would you handle being confronted by someone in public who states "I heard you guys were involved with one of those farms that treated those animals badly", or any other negative press with which our company's name may have been associated?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer made via a phone call from Complex HR Manager. Salary offered. Thanked him for offer, asked for a day to think things over & call back. Called back with a counter offer. Was told he was "unable to negotiate on salary at this time, but promised me, salary would be reviewed at end of year", which was only a few months away. Salary was NOT reviewed at end of year (was given another excuse). My performance review as high as possible at 6 month mark. Received Max bonus following year, and Max salary increase.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats (Springdale, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a short interview. Didn't last long. They seemed to be focussed mainly on cleaning my hands and stuff. And that's about it. Guess they didn't like what I had to say

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carthage, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats (Carthage, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

It was quick and fast. It was a lot of people there for different type of jobs. We were all got drug test while we were doing the hiring process. Different people came in to tell us about the company, overall a lot of people started working that day for different positions

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have   1 Answer

They did not have an opening for that position

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats (Logansport, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Very few questions and a short interview time. Just basics on if you were able to do the work that they assigned to you. Do you feel comfortable dealing with blood, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable around the site and smell of pig blood.   1 Answer

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by the recruiter within 2 weeks for an interview with the local plant controller and the head beef plant controller. After the in-person interview, I was contacted by the recruiter again to schedule a phone interview with the head controller. One day later, I was given an informal offer.

Interview Questions

• Could I move to South Dakota next week? (Position applying for was not in SD.)   Answer Question

Secretary III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats (Springdale, AR) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position on a Wednesday, they contacted me the next week for an intial interview. The lady who interviewed me said not to worry that I was her top candidate and she will call me the next wednesday. No call, I contacted them and they said oh management is out we are still interviewing try Friday. The Friday came, no call and they email me a denial letter. I would not waste my time. I was already over-qualified for the position with 3 years admin work, and my MBA!

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats in July 2012.

Interview

very consistent but not too hard if you are prepared. Behavior interview questions are what I was confronted with. But everything turn out good . Some of questions were "describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills"

QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats in April 2014.

Interview

They were very prompt, HR called first to schedule the interview. The manager then called on time, and completed a simple interview. HR called back within 2 hours to offer the job. It was quick, easy, with standard questions. The interview was conducted over the phone, and I did not have to interview in person.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats (Springdale, AR) in January 2010.

Interview

Very basic, with skills specific questions.

Live Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyson Fresh Meats (Fayetteville, AR) in January 2010.

Interview

They called and did a very short phone screening, asked me what I knew about the company. Then they set up an interview the following week. It was held at a job fair in Atlanta and the interviewer was very nice and personable. I also met 2 of the other interviewers and they were very nice as well. The interview wasn't for a particular position, they were more or less just gathering students resumes that were graduating in may.