U-Haul Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2016

1.8

E-Sales & Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy and simple phone interview. They call you and tell you about all the perks of working for U-haul. Then they will ask question to what makes you qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle rejections   1 Answer

General Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Terrible interview. Got called for an interview for General Manager Trainee but during the interview it was changed to part time laborer, plus he sat there rolled tobacco and smoked it. The interview wasn't professional at all.

Interview Questions

Wasn't the position I applied for. Less hours and pay.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a face to face interview with the Office Manager. It was held at a typical UHAUL facility in an office located within the general area of the warehouses. I arrived to be interviewed, entering the service office and was directed to the administration office, in the back of the premises. Upon entering, I was greeted by the receptionist and was immediately introduced to the interviewer. We sat in her office, across from one another while the interview took place.
    Upon leaving, I was told that chosen candidates would be called for a second interview and skills testing. The whole process took less and half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was very interested in previous work history, stability, duties performed and reason(s) for leaving. The interview was very straight forward. There was not a lot of interest in skills, no skill testing. The interview seemed hurried as there were many candidates scheduled to interview.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process is initiated by first taking and passing a surprisingly--all things considered--difficult online skills evaluation and test during the initial application process. The questions asked during the physical interview by the GM was standard fare that has been asked by 1,000 different GM's in a 1,000 different professions.

Area Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX).

Interview

From the outside UHaul looks to offer a strong secure work environment. The interview process is bacic, so any candidate that has good outside sales experience will be looked at first. The over all way the job is described is very misleading.

Interview Questions

• There was no one specific question asked. The person interviewing you can be either the Marketing Company President, or the Executive Assistant. For the most part neither one of these individuals truly understands the position of being an Area Field Manager. All they have to refer to is the job description that is a company management bulletin.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They use the company vehicle has the driving incentive.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

It was one of the quickest and easiest interviews I've ever had. The general manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable and at ease. We talked about my skills and what the job is required.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to stand on your feet for long periods of time?   Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
U-Haul E-Sales & Reservation Agent Interview Houston, TX How do I handle rejections
U-Haul General Manager Trainee Interview Houston, TX Are you willing to work?
U-Haul Administrative Assistant Interview Houston, TX Interviewer was very interested in previous work history, stability, duties performed and reason(s) for leaving. The interview was very straight forward. There was not a lot of interest in skills, no skill testing. The interview seemed hurried as there were many candidates scheduled to interview.
U-Haul Customer Service Representative Interview Houston, TX Is it okay to steal?
U-Haul Area Field Manager Interview Houston, TX There was no one specific question asked. The person interviewing you can be either the Marketing Company President, or the Executive Assistant. For the most part neither one of these individuals truly understands the position of being an Area Field Manager. All they have to refer to is the job description that is a company management bulletin.
U-Haul Assistant Manager Interview Houston, TX Are you able to stand on your feet for long periods of time?