U-Haul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U-Haul Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.4

Local Search Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. Got setup with an initial phone screening. After that I went in person to take personality and knowledge assessments and met with the recruiter which was pretty easy. My second interview the following week was with the team lead and a senior member, they were both very nice and asked a lot of the same basic interview questions digging into my experience and fit. The last interview was with the department director who was like all the other interviewers, very nice and easy to talk to but with a lot more questions more aimed at my expectations, aspirations, and life in general.

I felt and was told by recruiter that all 3 interviews went well and that they just had to finish interviewing the other candidates before a final decision in a week or so. Well after a week and a half of waiting, I followed up reiterating my interest in the role and company and asking about my job status. The response was that no decision was made yet and to wait. I followed up again another week later and was told pretty much the same exact response that no decision was made and I'm still in consideration. In fact that's all I was ever told, never got an offer or a rejection.

Area Field Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul (Dallas, TX).

Interview

In-depth description of job responsibilities and what a day today activity would be for that position. Also questioned about my work history and about me. He gave a good picture of what the job responsibilities would be.

Interview Questions

• And I feel about prospecting   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process seems to be going very smoothly. I have a group interview scheduled for Friday and overall i'm pretty happy with the process and look forward to receiving an offer and other things..

Part Time Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at U-Haul (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager called me to schedule an interview, then just wouldn't get back to me until 4-5 days later though I called back daily. Interview was simple, but their availability and mine didn't work out-- I have another part time job and they needed people primarily on the weekends. A shame, because the benefits seem really nice, but I was already booked for the weekends.

Business, Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by U-Haul Recruiter about this opportunity. After initial phone screening, she passed my info to Hiring Manager who decided to invite me for this interview.
    Before coming to this interview I've had to take two assessments: technical and personality.
    I was provided a short description of their results. I've passed them, anyway.
    The interview was with a panel of FIVE persons: Director and four managers. They looked friendly and asked various general, behavioral and technical questions. The interview lasted more than one hour. Things looked good until I was asked about two Mainframe Products which I never had a deal before. They were not included in the Job Description at all. After that, I got a feeling of "Big No".
    I did not call back to find out about their decision. Nine days later, I've found a voice mail message from recruiter that someone else was hired. After that, I've excluded U-Haul from the list of my prospective employers.

Interview Questions

• Did you work with Mainframe's Datacom/DB and IDEAL?   1 Answer
    • How good are you with multitasking, hard deadlines, toxic colleagues etc?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

First interview was short 10-15 minute Q&A (like traditional interviews) followed by a 2 hour design project. Second interview was a second 1 hour design project. Finally, did a take home 6 hour design project. Overall, be prepared to demonstrate your skills (technical skills and creative skills). Also, be prepared for a harsh critique of your design (probably do it to see if you can handle it).

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest weaknesses?
      What do you do to motivate your team?
      Answer Question

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul (Brunswick, ME) in March 2016.

Interview

Found job description on the net, the job I wanted was not the one they interviewed me for. Emailed application and resume. UHaul called within a couple of days. Appointment made within a day of call. Arrived 30 minutes early, ended up going straight in since the previous applicant cancelled. Entire process less than a week.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very personable approach. during the interview . Very direct line of questioning and receptive to concerns expressed during the meeting. Easy commute to office in a great location.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions with emphasis on technical and customer service skills.   1 Answer

Human Resources Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Was scheduled to meet with hiring Manager only to find out she was away on business. Met with Team Lead who was not very skilled at interviewing. Found myself leading interview. Unfortunately unable to get feedback on the process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a face to face interview with the Office Manager. It was held at a typical UHAUL facility in an office located within the general area of the warehouses. I arrived to be interviewed, entering the service office and was directed to the administration office, in the back of the premises. Upon entering, I was greeted by the receptionist and was immediately introduced to the interviewer. We sat in her office, across from one another while the interview took place.
    Upon leaving, I was told that chosen candidates would be called for a second interview and skills testing. The whole process took less and half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer was very interested in previous work history, stability, duties performed and reason(s) for leaving. The interview was very straight forward. There was not a lot of interest in skills, no skill testing. The interview seemed hurried as there were many candidates scheduled to interview.   1 Answer