U-Haul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U-Haul Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. I submitted my resume online and recruiter from U-haul called within the week to set up an interview. The interview was with the recruiter I spoke to - she asked about past history, future goals, and why I was interested in the role. I then met with the head of the department who went into further detail about the role. Once that was finished I was shown around the HR floor and met with the VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Found position online. Had to apply through company website. Recruiter called and went over position. Went to corporate office and met with recruiter. Interviewed with department manager and then the a VP.

Interview Questions

• Went over specific skills required for job.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Application process requires a competency test, which was quite simple. Afterwards I contacted the general manager and she pulled my application from the database and scheduled an interview for the following day. The interview was not stressful at all as very basic questions were asked. Hired on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul (New York, NY).

Interview

Manager called and asked me to come in. Said she reviewed my resume. Asked a few questions about prior retail experience and asked about my schedule availability, then asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• What responsibilities did you have at other retail jobs?   Answer Question

Part Time Janitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at U-Haul (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager called me to schedule an interview, then just wouldn't get back to me until 4-5 days later though I called back daily. Interview was simple, but their availability and mine didn't work out-- I have another part time job and they needed people primarily on the weekends. A shame, because the benefits seem really nice, but I was already booked for the weekends.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U-Haul (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with manager on phone. Met with manager next day. Was sent to Uhaul location 20 minutes away to get set up as employee. Very simple process if you're willing to work, and are flexible with your schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy, put my application in and got a phone call the next day! I went in the store to help a friend rent a truck. My friend askesa question and the general manger tried to explain it but my friend was still confused, so I explained it so he could understand and you could see the light bulb turn on so to speak. The manger then asked do you want a job? I laughed thinking he was kidding he said I'm being serious! I was actully job aerching the last few months with no avail, so I was extremely ahopy and excited. He sent me an email with the URL website for the app and gave me his personal cell number to shoot him a text once completed. So I did just that I filled it out sent him a text got an interview the next day! Thebmager was so nice and accommodating!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was a group interview to begin with toured the facility, learned of responsibility, which could be some what difficult at time and easy at other. If we were still interested next began the individual interview, where we sat down with the general manager who then asked a few qquestion .

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a customer thatis demanding to speak with managementwhen there iis no management available and they lose their temper.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Paterson, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

friend called me to apply online and schedule the interview the next day. i apply online, did the generic online application questions. the next day did the direct deposit, employment papers, and told to read a book detailing what is my job. the day after that i cleaned trucks and vans inside and out.

E-Sales & Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U-Haul (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy and simple phone interview. They call you and tell you about all the perks of working for U-haul. Then they will ask question to what makes you qualified for the position.