U.S. Army War College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Army War College Interview Questions

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at U.S. Army War College

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was brief, and they only asked a few questions about your interest in the position. The cover letter was the most important part of the application, followed closely by your references. Having good references can make the difference between getting a good assignment or a less interesting one.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably: "Tell me about yourself," only because I wasn't sure how to phrase it for someone who works in the military. It's much easier when you're talking about yourself for a college interview, etc.   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle Barracks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Army War College (Carlisle Barracks, PA) in December 2009.

Interview

Apply for job on USAJOBS.com
    A few weeks later, received email from hiring manager
    Scheduled interview for the next week
    Attended interview where I was given tour and discussed the company mission
    Was interviewed by Manager and 4 high ranking employees for about 15-20 min
    Was offered the job 2 weeks later via email with a salary and whether I accepted or not
    I accepted and had to fill out numerous amounts of paperwork for security clearance (very long process)
    I began working about 4 weeks after accepting offer (If you have never been employed by the federal govt, never accept the first offer, look online for information regarding federal jobs, you can counter offer and you should)

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be business casual attire?   1 Answer
    • Name one way you can transfer data from one computer to another?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not know I could negotiate but I was okay with the salary offered anyway.