U.S. Bank 24 Hour Call Center Personal Banker With Selling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank 24 Hour Call Center Personal Banker With Selling Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in West Allis, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (West Allis, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online after being referred and completed a virtual job tryout, received a call back a couple days letter for a same day interview. The interview itself was pretty basic and informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you became frustrated at work (with a customer or coworker) and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • How comfortable are you working in sales (1-5)?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to multitask a heavy workload and how did you manage it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with policy change at work and how did you adapt?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to explain a policy to a customer and they just weren't getting it, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Very easy, over the phone. Very casual conversation about my skills and experiences. She let me know on the call that I was hired and would be emailed with further paperwork regarding next steps.

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Gresham, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

I went to Job fair they where having at their corperate building on 181st & Sandy in Gresham Oregon. I was Interviewed by a lead Manager from their Tier 2 escalation department and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• She asked me what i love about customer serivce   1 Answer

24 Hour Call Center Personal Banker With Selling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Initial interview was with a HR Representative and was quite brief. More extensive interview with the team Manager who ensured I was a good fit for position. Received offer from my team Manager, which was surprising.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the flexibility to start your shift earlier or stay later if necessary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Process took two weeks, I filled out the online application, interviewed at the call center and had to pass a virtual job tryout which was simple and also included a personality test, personality tests make me nervous but luckily I passed. I was called back for fingerprints and offered a job after a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Eau Claire, WI).

Interview

Personality and customer service attitude
    Given a hands on test of selling abilities
    Discussed what hours I was available during the week/weekends
    What shifts were available
    What benefits they offered and when
    I was fingerprinted and left
    Within a few days I was contacted by a representative of the bank and was offered a job. I started within the next couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• How many days per year are acceptable to call in sick?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any negotiating. There was an offer and I took it

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was laid back and typical questions that should not be hard If you have worked in a call center/customer environment before. Answered the STAR method of questions and described my work background. Was told about the company and the job duties. Two hours later, I got a phone call offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a policy change that affected your work duties?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was great for me.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

After passing the behavior test on the computer, a recruiter brings you in, tours the building, where you would work if you were hired, will review your behavior test with you, ask questions and have a normal conversation to gauge how friendly you are

Interview Questions

• give me an example of a time you sold a product to a person who wasnt sure if they wanted it   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy, entry level pay (a litttle more actually) the interview was great, the company is very through with the interview process, there aren't any surprises, the recruiter was open and honest, even tells you the rate of pay up front

24 Hour Call Center Personal Banker With Selling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

applied in august - but not called in till late october. started class in late November. You'll generally have time (if you're working on a class schedule to give your two weeks notice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't negotiate pay - its taken as a sign of dissatisfaction & ingratiation. Managers do not expect it to happen - and can be very put off when it does.

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Gresham, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

After filling out an online application I was contacted within about 2 weeks. Then there are 2 interviews that are conducted. First is with the HR Manager. The questions are pretty basic. Things like what qualities can you offer, what's an ideal work environment and most important, sales history. This is a sales job. If you impress the manager you are called back to meet with a manager from the sales floor. They ask about your job history and you do 2 role plays. They give you a paper to read over for a few minutes while they leave the room. After a few minutes go by the phone rings and you answer as if you are a sales agent. The role plays deal with the information that was listed on the paper you were given to study. Its important to read the information and be as smooth as possible with the answers. After the 2 calls they come back into the room and discuss your responses. They pretty much let you know if you have the job from there. If hired you go through training which is about a month and a half. At that point, you still won't truly see what you have signed up for. Once you officially hit the floor, things will finally begin to make cents. (pun intended)

Interview Questions

• All questions are pretty basic if you have been through interviews before. Maybe "what are your 3 worst qualities". And answering the world famous " why should we hire you over the rest of the competition" without sounding cliché.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They let you know your work schedule. They ask if it will work for you because it will not change for at least a year. If that doesn't work for you, SPEAK UP. Otherwise you will be stuck with that schedule.