U.S. Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.5

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and called the bank about 2 weeks later to follow up. The manager said she was in the process of doing interviews and scheduled mine for the following Thursday. The interview was really easy. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The whole process was fairly easy, I was asked simple questions by a friendly branch manager, who made me feel pretty comfortable I did not feel overwhelmed or nervous while answering.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was to name a stressful situation you once had and how did you handle it or make the situation right for the customer?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on company website. Got a call a day later for an interview. Interviewed a week later, then had a second interview a week after that. I was told that Friday that I was selected for the position. About two weeks later corporate approved hiring and was able to get paperwork going.

Interview Questions

• They are big on diversity and personality. They want to see cash handling and customer service experience, but mostly they want a friendly candidate. Everybody I encountered at US Bank has been very pleasant and professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by someone at the bank. They asked some screening questions and then set up an in person interview. Fairly easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fremont, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Ask simple questions. After applied online. Recruiter called and set up the interview for Region Manager. After interviewing with Region Manger, called for Group interview and Staff was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for US Bank. Where did you work before US Bank   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I heard back 1 month after applying, had the interview at the branch I applied for. The interview went well, both branch manager & assitant manager/head teller interviewed me for roughly 45 minutes. I got called back the same day, about 2 hours later, offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the branch & U.S. Bank in general?   Answer Question
    • How would your past experiences help you as a teller?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online after seeing an a job posting on a hiring website. I was contacted for an interview less than a week after and scheduled an in-person interview with the branch manager the following week about my experience and the culture of the bank which went smooth and easy. I was contacted a day after my first interview to meet with the Performance Manager at the main branch. They called it an interview but really is was just getting to know everything about the position and figuring out what to expect. Two days after that interview I was contacted by a recruiter rep saying I got the job and to schedule a time to come in for my background check and thumbprint registration (Bank rules) I start training in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer at your previous employment   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate was offered $11 hour which seemed far seeing as I had no banking experience.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after employee referral. I called the branch manager the next day to see about setting up an interview, and he scheduled one for that week. After I was told I would have a second interview with his manager and she would call me to set up a day and time. She called me after two days and made it for as soon as I was available. the whole process was about two weeks long after online application.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe effective teamwork in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call one day after submitting my application, scheduled an interview for a few days later. Called me the same day of my first interview to schedule a second interview the next week. Called me 3 days after the second interview to confirm that I received the job. Questions were mostly customer service and upselling related.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience with upselling products at (previous job).   Answer Question
    • How did you resolve a time where the customer was unsatisfied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy. Apply online. They call. Dress professionally!!! Back ground check. Offer. Start date. Training. Hope you get more hours. Have to find another job because they won't hire full time or benefits eligible employees