U.S. Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on company website. Got a call a day later for an interview. Interviewed a week later, then had a second interview a week after that. I was told that Friday that I was selected for the position. About two weeks later corporate approved hiring and was able to get paperwork going.

Interview Questions

• They are big on diversity and personality. They want to see cash handling and customer service experience, but mostly they want a friendly candidate. Everybody I encountered at US Bank has been very pleasant and professional.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by someone at the bank. They asked some screening questions and then set up an in person interview. Fairly easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online after seeing an a job posting on a hiring website. I was contacted for an interview less than a week after and scheduled an in-person interview with the branch manager the following week about my experience and the culture of the bank which went smooth and easy. I was contacted a day after my first interview to meet with the Performance Manager at the main branch. They called it an interview but really is was just getting to know everything about the position and figuring out what to expect. Two days after that interview I was contacted by a recruiter rep saying I got the job and to schedule a time to come in for my background check and thumbprint registration (Bank rules) I start training in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to deal with a difficult customer at your previous employment   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate was offered $11 hour which seemed far seeing as I had no banking experience.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after employee referral. I called the branch manager the next day to see about setting up an interview, and he scheduled one for that week. After I was told I would have a second interview with his manager and she would call me to set up a day and time. She called me after two days and made it for as soon as I was available. the whole process was about two weeks long after online application.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe effective teamwork in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call one day after submitting my application, scheduled an interview for a few days later. Called me the same day of my first interview to schedule a second interview the next week. Called me 3 days after the second interview to confirm that I received the job. Questions were mostly customer service and upselling related.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience with upselling products at (previous job).   Answer Question
    • How did you resolve a time where the customer was unsatisfied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy. Apply online. They call. Dress professionally!!! Back ground check. Offer. Start date. Training. Hope you get more hours. Have to find another job because they won't hire full time or benefits eligible employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Inapplied through the website. They contacted me maybe 2 weeks after I submitted my application. The manager conducting the interview was young and very easygoing. He had various questions regarding situations of past jobs and gave a brief explanation of what this position entitled. The location was great, downtown Colorado Springs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Robert, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Robert, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked several typical questions and a few that seemed rather difficult for such a basic job. One of the interviewers had 3 pages of questions so I'm guessing they are standard corporate interview questions. They were running behind so I only had 15 minutes and they didn't let me ask many questions. The whole process felt very rushed. I called back 2 weeks later and they still hadn't chosen a candidate. They never called me back. The manager was very rude.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt in the past with keeping confidential information secretive?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

One in-person interview was conducted. I was asked a series of general questions that were easy to answer and understand. The interview included generic questions, such as what is your biggest weakness and explain why you would be a good fit for this company. They also asked questions regarding my educational background, my commitment and availability, and experience in working with people.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict between a coworker or customer?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was with the Teller Supervisor, who just asked me about myself and what to expect from the job. The second interview was conducted by the Manager. Both interviews were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• They will ask the standard corporate interview questions, such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", and "Why do you think you'd be good for this job?"   Answer Question