U.S. Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.6

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Robert, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Robert, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked several typical questions and a few that seemed rather difficult for such a basic job. One of the interviewers had 3 pages of questions so I'm guessing they are standard corporate interview questions. They were running behind so I only had 15 minutes and they didn't let me ask many questions. The whole process felt very rushed. I called back 2 weeks later and they still hadn't chosen a candidate. They never called me back. The manager was very rude.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt in the past with keeping confidential information secretive?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Pueblo, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Sat down with assistant and branch manager. They played the good cop, bad cop role. I could barely get a sentence out before they asked me another question. Very intimidating. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving ____(financial institution).   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on company website. Got a call a day later for an interview. Interviewed a week later, then had a second interview a week after that. I was told that Friday that I was selected for the position. About two weeks later corporate approved hiring and was able to get paperwork going.

Interview Questions

• They are big on diversity and personality. They want to see cash handling and customer service experience, but mostly they want a friendly candidate. Everybody I encountered at US Bank has been very pleasant and professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after employee referral. I called the branch manager the next day to see about setting up an interview, and he scheduled one for that week. After I was told I would have a second interview with his manager and she would call me to set up a day and time. She called me after two days and made it for as soon as I was available. the whole process was about two weeks long after online application.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe effective teamwork in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call one day after submitting my application, scheduled an interview for a few days later. Called me the same day of my first interview to schedule a second interview the next week. Called me 3 days after the second interview to confirm that I received the job. Questions were mostly customer service and upselling related.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience with upselling products at (previous job).   Answer Question
    • How did you resolve a time where the customer was unsatisfied?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from the Teller manager to come in for an interview. Met with the Branch Manager and then all the other managers. Was hired within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very conversational and laid back. A lot about prior experience with sales. I had no prior banking experience either. Had two interviews, one with the branch manager and one with the operations manager. Both were different but they were really easy to talk to. The interviews were about an hour each and they closely related to earlier jobs and how they were going to help in this job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when you knew someone was stealing while you were working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in February 2011.

Interview

This was a very typical process. A bunch of boring questions followed by a bunch of safe and well thought out answers. They want to know you can sell so be prepared to make up some dumb story about how you sold ice cubes to an Eskimo. Also there is one of those stupid personality test which by the way anyone can pass as long as you are smart enough to not say you would ever steal, lie, etc. use some common sense and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you went above and beyond for the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clatskanie, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Clatskanie, OR) in December 2013.

Interview

Came in and lasted about 45 minutes, typical interview questions. It is a very small branch so there was a total of 3 women interviewing me. I arrived early and the manager seemed angry that I did. I thought everyone was supposed to show up 15 minutes early??

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was with the Teller Supervisor, who just asked me about myself and what to expect from the job. The second interview was conducted by the Manager. Both interviews were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• They will ask the standard corporate interview questions, such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", and "Why do you think you'd be good for this job?"   Answer Question