U.S. Bank Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Banker Interview Questions

2.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Confident & Easy. Want to make sure you are the right candidate for the position being offered. How dedicated are you to the company as well. Are you willing to learn and do what ever it takes to move to a higher position with in the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good leader   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

One branch took over 3 weeks to make a decision and had 2 interviews, scheduled a third then called and cancelled it because they picked someone else (who lasted about 6 months), former branch I worked at interviewed me, had a phone interview a few days later and hired me that day...had 3 interviews to transfer branches

Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Met hiring manager beforehand, then had an in person interview followed by a phone interview with District Manager. Eventually after a month was made an offer via phone call and was asked to come in for finger printing and application at the main office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I handled a difficult customer -- how to diffuse situation   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2012.

Interview

went in and spoke with branch manager. was asked a few questions about prev work ex.there was not much else to it. no weird interview questions. went over specifics of the job and was asked multiple times if I was ok with selling and cross selling.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Online, met with district manager and branch manager. Panel interview. Followed up by offer from management and hr. Lack of room for negotiation. Orientation was 2 days and training was a month Long. Very time consuming

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

The company asks a lot of behavioral questions. They want you to think of specific examples that you have experienced. They also have a HUGE focus on customer service, so drawing from those examples will help. Also, being very competitive helps and showing that in your interview. They want someone that is competitive and aggressive to get sales, they also would like to see from your past job experience in sales and your numbers and what your goals were and if you met/exceeded them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you experienced a difficult customer, what did you do? Also, how did the experience with the customer end?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would always ask for more. They will try to underpay you and pay you the bare minimum. Take a look at the salary grade and figure out what the midpoint is and ask them to pay you at least at the midpoint.

Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2011.

Interview

Basic interview, you could tell the person interview was doing an interview for the first time. She has no idea what to ask plus was not clear about what questions to ask. She was given a set of questions on a paper in where she had to ask 5 questions only.

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by phone after applying online. The experience has been very good so far. First had a one-on-one with the branch manager. Got called back for a 2nd interview with the district manager. Both interviews went very well and both interviewers were extremely professional and friendly. I now have an appointment with a 3rd person. Hopefully this will result in either an offer or further career exploration.

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in September 2009.

Interview

Applied online and was called one week later, I interviewed with my prospective Branch Manager and was asked about my previous sales experience. Follow up interviews with district officers were conducted over the phone, clarifying company values and goals. A very pleasant experience. I received an offer via telephone one week after the phone interviews, and was invited to my first day several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• In these difficult financial times, many people look to large banks as the "Bad Guys" , what drove you to pursue employment in the financial sector?   Answer Question