U.S. Bank Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted by 2 interviewers - District Manager and Performance Coach, Behavioral questions were asked along with process questions about my current employment, we discussed the culture of the company, organization and branch structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone asked you to do something unethical   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Went in for a Branch Manger interview, given the opportunity to interview, spoke with regional management. They passed me to President of banking.. The interview began discussing a position that wasn't listed and as a result there was no offer. There was no clarity in the process and a lot of false promises and ideas that were a lot to live unto expectations. The first interview panel was personable, the second one on one left a lot to be desired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for US bank   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contact by a guy who sounded as if he was a adult phone operator due to his sultry voice I could not make out his name. No matter, I wouldnt be needing it after all. After playing phone tag with him, we settled down to a preliminary telephone interview. If the phone operator voice wasn't bad enough, he was ill-prepared and stated that he wasn't even sure what I originally applied for, he just got my resume through some channels. He went on to ask if I would consider other positions that would possibly lead to a Branch Manager position. The way he was pushing it made it seem like these positions were hurting to be filled. He took a moment to actually skim my resume, then he began to insult my previous work experience. Any of the questions I had pertaining to the job, he could not answer. If he did answer it would be a circle of nonsense that showed he knew nothing about what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• Why did US Bank hire me as their talent advisor?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2016.

Interview

Smooth and comfortable . Basic bank interview about sales and customer service . Knowing anything about banking and being a good sales person will help you get the job

Interview Questions

• How do you approach small businesses   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2015.

Interview

two interviews one with District Manager and Regional Manager each interview was about 30 min each on basic personal experiences and how would you manange your employees and customers

Interview Questions

• behavior questions and experiences in past jobs what situations you deal with and what did you learn from those situations. How would you manage your staff   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Basic questions about sales, customer service, management style.
    Looking for banking industry experience including lending/underwriting skills
    Retail experience and how you have handled prior turnover situations, including recruiting, training and hr. Lots of tell me about a time questions

Interview Questions

• What are your business sales strategies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very structured, accurate, informative discussing the responsibilities and expectations of the position and company. It was a very solid connection that reinforced that it was a great fit and has a large amount of potential for immediate through long term career goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I got a call to schedule an interview with the District Manager. I interviewed with the District Manager and another Store Manager also sitting in. The very next day got a call saying they wanted to move forward so I needed to call Gallup to set up a phone interview. The day of my Gallup interview I got another call to schedule an interview with HR. The Gallup interview was very different from any interview I have ever done. Gallup is a third party and don't seem to really care about your answers so in the middle of answering a question I was cut off a few times by the next question. They don't make conversation with you and a lot of answers they want to hear is Yes or No, and 1-5 ratings, and occasionally will ask situational questions. This was hard to tell if the interview was good or bad because there was not much interaction, it was very one sided.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you?
      On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being highest, how competitive are you?
      Give an example of a time you were competitive?
      1 Answer

They offered me a position at a different branch than the one I originally applied at.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Very unorganized. I was called back for interviewing 11 times in a 6 month period. Upper Management did not communicate among themselves within the district. On 9 of the 11 interviews, I never received any sort of follow-up or call-back. After each interview I set the expectation of a call back & when they expected on getting back with me. I wound up initiating the follow-ups & still didn't get a response from the District Managers the majority of the time.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions were asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Boise, ID) in August 2014.

Interview

I had worked as an Assistant Manager for over 2 years. My district manager and I had a formal interview and I was offered the position after that. I applied online and let my Branch Manager know I was interested prior to that. I was called the next day and set up my 1 on 1 interview with my District Manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to improve the overall production of the branch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was open and fair.