U.S. Bank Branch Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2013.

Interview

Internal interview done with District Manager and Lead Manager in person. Consisted of situational questions. Follow-up interview done by phone with Regional Manager. Questions were more in depth around growing business.

Interview Questions

• What are the first steps I would take to grow the business in the branch.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed directly with the hiring manager/district manager. I understand that some applicants interview with another branch manager or panel first. I was invited to apply as a former co-worker from another job referred me.

Interview Questions

• How do you help someone who isn't meeting goals?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted by 2 interviewers - District Manager and Performance Coach, Behavioral questions were asked along with process questions about my current employment, we discussed the culture of the company, organization and branch structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone asked you to do something unethical   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2016.

Interview

Smooth and comfortable . Basic bank interview about sales and customer service . Knowing anything about banking and being a good sales person will help you get the job

Interview Questions

• How do you approach small businesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Series of phone calls from recruiter then hiring manager, then a gallup interview was required which you cannot prepare for. This is based on your current skills and thinking process to match you with company needs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Went in for a Branch Manger interview, given the opportunity to interview, spoke with regional management. They passed me to President of banking.. The interview began discussing a position that wasn't listed and as a result there was no offer. There was no clarity in the process and a lot of false promises and ideas that were a lot to live unto expectations. The first interview panel was personable, the second one on one left a lot to be desired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for US bank   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contact by a guy who sounded as if he was a adult phone operator due to his sultry voice I could not make out his name. No matter, I wouldnt be needing it after all. After playing phone tag with him, we settled down to a preliminary telephone interview. If the phone operator voice wasn't bad enough, he was ill-prepared and stated that he wasn't even sure what I originally applied for, he just got my resume through some channels. He went on to ask if I would consider other positions that would possibly lead to a Branch Manager position. The way he was pushing it made it seem like these positions were hurting to be filled. He took a moment to actually skim my resume, then he began to insult my previous work experience. Any of the questions I had pertaining to the job, he could not answer. If he did answer it would be a circle of nonsense that showed he knew nothing about what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• Why did US Bank hire me as their talent advisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Iowa City, IA) in March 2012.

Interview

US Bank uses Behavioral Interviewing. Google it and come prepared with specific examples from your personal life and/or work history. Research the bank and make sure you are familiar with it's history, and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you...Give me a specific example of a time when you...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Simple and easy. I was shocked when HR was not involved in the process. Later I discovered that HR doesn't really do much. The Hiring Manager is responsible for doing all reference and interview process. What's the point on having an HR dept?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

4 interviews total. Recruiting screens over phone. District manager in person. Gallup over phone. Regional in person. All were intense. Gallup was the most difficult. It took 2 weeks for all interviews. A week later the offer was given.

Interview Questions

• Market share. Banking experience. Leadership practices. Influence management.   Answer Question