U.S. Bank Business Banking Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Business Banking Officer Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 5 interviews plus the Gallup interview. The overall process took about 30 days from application to the official job offer in writing. I'd describe the process as average for the job and industry.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time where you made a mistake, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied throught he website in Las Vegas, NV. I was interviewed by the Sales Manager and Regional Manager. There were both very polite and respectful.

Interview Questions

• I was given a tax return and asked if that company was "bankable".   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said what they paid and I accepted.

Business Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2013.

Interview

First you speak to a recruiter over the phone. Then an in person meeting with hiring manager. Then his or her boss. Then Company uses a gallup assessment and will not hire if you don't pass the gallup personality test.

Interview Questions

• What type of centers of influences do you have   1 Answer

Business Banking Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter, two BBO's who would have been my peers, the regional RM, and the Regional Manager. All interviews went very well and everything seemed super positive. At the end of the process came the Gallup interview. I spent an hour on the phone with a person from Gallup. And two days later I got a call saying I did not pass the Gallup test and subsequently could not be hired.

The ironic part is that I've had Gallup self assessments done on myself that all came out positive. I have an issue with a company that entrusts their final decisions to a third party. Gallup claims to have the magic formula for who would be a good hire based on their assessment but it's not fool proof and unfortunately they eliminated a proven producer with a great track record.

All of the people I interviewed with were super with great reputations. I felt they had their hands tied by the Gallup thing because they all wanted to hire me. I would work for US Bank and in particular the manager I interviewed with but they have to put a little less faith in Gallup and make some decisions for themselves. Especially when it comes to hiring, the manager should have the last call.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions I can't recall exactly but the Gallup test asked for things such as...
      Are you competitive?
      How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

Networking is key in this environment. You have to know someone to get a foot in the door as many employers seem to only be using referrals these days.