U.S. Bank Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Credit Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in December 2014.

Interview

This was really interesting. I was told that this position has been posted since the beginning of 2014. I applied online in August and did not hear anything until October. The human resources recruiter made the initial contact with me via telephone. It was an impromptu phone interview to screen me and see if I met the basic qualifications, so be ready. After that, I did not hear from U.S. Bank until November. That is when the hiring manager reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted an hour and was more for her to get to know me. Not really hard questions. Then a few weeks later, the hiring manager reached out to me again, this time to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with her as well as both her boss and the initial human resources recruiter, both were located remotely and attended the interview via teleconference. This interview was very situational and the hiring manager was following a script already prepared with questions and recording my answers. This interview lasted over an hour and I was told that they would let me know before Christmas. Two weeks later, I found out I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when someone asked you to do something that did not follow proper policy or procedure or a situation when you were asked to do something unethical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was really great!

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lawrence, KS) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was with the hiring manager plus 3 other people

Interview Questions

• Describe your highest achievement in your career so far   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. The recruiter contacted me within two weeks of my application. We went back and forth on a time to accommodate my schedule as I had to travel one of the days she had interview times available, and my current employer didn't cement the details until the day before I was to travel.The initial interview was to be 15 minutes with a senior recruiter from Human Resources. I probably went 10 minutes into the interview before it ended. Interview questions consisted of the typical screening questions human resources generally asks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at US Bank?

Why are your leaving your current position?

Why are you interested in this job?

What is your current salary?

Why should my hiring manager hire you? See my answer. The recruiter was pushy with this and forced me to walk away as I wouldn't disclose my salary to her.   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was a very casual interview. More behavioral process than anything else. U.S. Bank was very warm and welcoming. I applied for a seattle position. They just asked very basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Plymouth, MN).

Interview

phone interview -> on-site interview -> writing sample -> on-site interview again

Both technical questions and behavior questions were involved. Technical questions were asked during the on-site interview mostly and they were really conversation-based. I don't think people were asked the same questions.

After the first on-site interview, I was asked to provide writing samples and asked some of the questions that were given, which were 6 questions about previous experience and case studies. 4 out of 6 were asked to write. The questions were given on Friday and asked to submitted on Monday.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior question: strength/weakness, biggest challenge, knowledge in regulation(Basel II), professional writing experience, etc.

Technical question: assumptions for linear/logistic regression and do they important in application, time series analysis, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Rochester, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online in March 2015, took about 2 months before I was contacted by HR for a phone interview. 2nd interview was with a panel of 3 members, direct manager, team lead, and with a commercial loan officer. 3rd was an informal interview with the location manager.
    Interview questions were a mix or both behavior and standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had an ethical dilemma?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was above what I expected, did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Met two different times for interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult person unwilling to make a payment or set up payment plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered starting dates and starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Dubuque, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

As an internal applicant, I met with the hiring manager for roughly an hour and then sat with our Senior credit officer for a second meeting. I found out later that their was over 5 internal candidates that made it to the second interview. The process took roughly 5 weeks due to vacations being scheduled by the hiring managers as well as the timing it takes for the position to become approved their our HR.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions about my accounting background as well as my ability to work by myself with little direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The hiring manager was not willing to negotiate. She saad that they were presenting their best and final offer as their initial offer.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Eugene, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

- Did not receive an initial contact until about 2 months after I applied
    - 2 interviews about a week apart, one with the credit manager and the next with the credit manager and his supervisor (senior division credit manager)
    - First interview was somewhat casual. I was asked about my educational background and experience. No questions other than the boiler plate questions, it seemed like the manager just wanted to know my experiences.
    - Second interview was a little more serious. Senior credit manager asked about how I would approach analyzing a company's financial state and how much I knew about accounting (ie what classes I took and dealing with accounting in my prior work experience).
    - Heard back about one week later about their decision

Interview Questions

• Which items do you look at in financial statements to determine the financial health of a company?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2009.

Interview

intial email followed by phone interview and the met the manager and another manager in the group followed by one more site interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, regarding business process, last job   Answer Question