U.S. Bank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

I don't remember the interview process. The guys had everything there for me to sign, asked routine questions. I really just talked to the guy about being a flight attendant and when it was all over he handed me everything I needed and told me my start date.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to work with someone different than you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied for the position online through the companies web page. I was callled a few days later and had a brief phone interview with the Branch Manager. We schedule a one on one interview for a couple of days later. One on one interview was with Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manger, and Teller Supervisor

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions - What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was angry and how did you handle it? And what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a nice experience,I was shocked at how easy it was, considering that it was a financial institution. Once I was hired I soon found out that the culture of that particular location was very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Your capability to handle irate customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

Just asked questions about previous experiences with ex-employers, a lot of different questions all really talking about experience, and they also did ask me why do you want to work here at us bank

Interview Questions

• Name a time when there was a tough situation and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and human resources called me and asked if I would be able to do a short interview over the phone since the position was in a call center. I agreed and the questions were engaging and interesting and made me want to answer. The interviewer then asked if I could come to human resources for an in person meeting. The questions she asked were mainly situational type how would I respond type scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer if they were upset with how another CSR or branch employee treated them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in March 2014.

Interview

Over the phone, very quick and easy if you have prior customer service experience. Two interviews first was very brief confirming info on application and resume, 2nd interview was more in depth about customer service experience and how you would handle different situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Never negotiated, just an offer and an acceptance

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I was called for a phone interview the day after I applied. I went in for the in person interview a few days later. I was asked about 30 questions from an interview packet. My interviewer noted all my answers. He expressed that it was a sales job over and over. He told me I was hired at the end of the interview and told me I would get a call from the hiring manager to confirm. The interviewer was my manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I had phone interview with recruiter. I had second interview which went well interviewee made me feel very confident and relaxed. I was contacted within a week and was offered the position pending background check was ok.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was pleased with the pay.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called by manager for an interview. The HR lady was out for an injury. My manager had me come in for an interview. Afterward he called me 3 days later and offered me the job. When you normally get hired with the HR lady you can pick your schedule. I wasn't allowed to but my manager was super understanding. I ended up having another job interview at the bank there the same day for a different position. He called me to offer the job and I told him that I had another interview that day. He said it was not a problem and gave me his cell number to call him once I was out of the other interview to accept or decline the job. He was so nice and willing to work with me after the interview I called him one minute later. At the interview he had me go through 2 mock calls with him. They were nerve racking but simple. Then he asked questions mostly related to selling and how I have dealt with difficult customers. All in all really easily.

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted within 24 hours via email to set up an initial phone interview with a U.S. Bank recruiter. The phone interview was what you'd expect, basic description of the position, a few background questions, followed by some "Give me an example of a time when you..." customer service oriented STAR questions. At the end of the phone screening the recruiter said she would be recommending me for an in-person interview, and that I should be hearing from someone in HR within the next few days to arrange a time. The woman in the HR department contacted me several hours later, and we set up an interview for the early the following week.

Fairly standard in-person interview, consisting largely of "Tell me a time when you..." style STAR questions and a more in-depth description of the job. The management team that conducted the interview were nice and very friendly, and the entire process with them was largely conversational. Everything ended on a positive note, and I was told I should be contacted by their manager within the week.

I was contacted the next day via phone by their manager, and asked a few more questions: If hired, would I be able to attend training in it's entirety? Would I require any time off in the next x-number of days? Etc., and I was given hours, an hourly pay rate, and a brief overview of benefits I would receive were I to officially be offered the position. I was asked if I was still interested in employment with U.S. Bank, to which I said that I was, and I was informed that I should be hearing back from a recruiter again within the next few days.

The next afternoon I was contacted by a recruiter and offered the position, pending the results/completion of my background check.

The whole process took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about yourself if you could?   Answer Question