U.S. Bank Database Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Brookfield, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by an outside recruiter that worked extensively with the employer to find staffing.
First had a phone interview with the outside recruiter and we went over my past work experience in detail. The person doing the phone interview had the knowledge to understand what I was talking about. Also the person doing the phone interview was not someone from India or offshore. The second step was a group interview by the employer that lasted a couple of hours at he most. It seemed to be more of lets meet you and check your personality and attitude rather than a skills interview. There were two employees in the interview and the hiring manager was on a conference call. Following the interview I met each person in the database group. The company did a few more interviews and then I was offered the job. The recruiter was heavily involved and kept in constatnt contact with me.

Interview Questions

• What role do you think your manager should play?   1 Answer
  • What motivates you to come to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was tricky. My past employer had been paying a salary that was well below the industry rate which made me look like a bad candidate to Human Resources or they questioned the pay increase. At one time I was really hurt when HR rejected the offer. The hiring manager had to pull some strings to get the okay. Basically I think it boiled down to to either hire me or the next person on the hiring list was going to cost the company $25K or more.