U.S. Bank Interview Questions in Fargo, ND | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in April 2017.

Interview

2 interviews. One is the initial screening made over a phone call. The second one is a face-to-face interview. Solid questions. About 30 minutes total. Most questions were general and only a few concerned the job itself.

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted within 24 hours via email to set up an initial phone interview with a U.S. Bank recruiter. The phone interview was what you'd expect, basic description of the position, a few background questions, followed by some "Give me an example of a time when you..." customer service oriented STAR questions. At the end of the phone screening the recruiter said she would be recommending me for an in-person interview, and that I should be hearing from someone in HR within the next few days to arrange a time. The woman in the HR department contacted me several hours later, and we set up an interview for the early the following week.

Fairly standard in-person interview, consisting largely of "Tell me a time when you..." style STAR questions and a more in-depth description of the job. The management team that conducted the interview were nice and very friendly, and the entire process with them was largely conversational. Everything ended on a positive note, and I was told I should be contacted by their manager within the week.

I was contacted the next day via phone by their manager, and asked a few more questions: If hired, would I be able to attend training in it's entirety? Would I require any time off in the next x-number of days? Etc., and I was given hours, an hourly pay rate, and a brief overview of benefits I would receive were I to officially be offered the position. I was asked if I was still interested in employment with U.S. Bank, to which I said that I was, and I was informed that I should be hearing back from a recruiter again within the next few days.

The next afternoon I was contacted by a recruiter and offered the position, pending the results/completion of my background check.

The whole process took a little over a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would change about yourself if you could?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in January 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview which was very easy just asked a few questions on my prior work experience, and was offered an in person interview about a week later. When I arrived for my in person interview I was brought into the conference room with a manager, was really laid back. We were both dressed business casual, and I was informed I was dressed well for the interview (I was just wearing black pants and a solid black sweater and some red flats) I was just asked a few questions, and was given feed back directly. It was more conversational than most interviews which was nice. Sucked because I had to wait for the next training class to start over a month after my interview and my call for hire.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with having a customer in line who has a lot of things they need assistance with and a few people with not so many waiting after?   1 Answer

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in February 2014.

Interview

Long online application. Received phone call and did a phone interview first. After a few days I received an email and phone call to set up a live interview. The interview went well, they asked questions pertaining to the job.

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in January 2013.

Interview

I went through a temp agency so they contacted the temp agency and the temp agency contacted me. Interview questions were pretty basic. Why do you want this job, what are you looking for here, where do you see yourself in ten years etc. All of the standard questions that get asked at most interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a week later and the phone call was an impromptu phone interview. This threw me off guard, but I was offered an interview. It was easy, and was mostly behavioral questions. I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for 2 positions with the manager from each department. The questions asked were standard behavioral interview questions along with in depth discussions of each of the departments operations.