U.S. Bank Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.0

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very miss leading. They made promises that they could not keep. I had interviews with my manager and his manager. Both assured me that I would receive a significant number of quality referrals from the bank -- it never materialized. I was lured by a large signing bonus. It was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• N/A They were begging me to join them. I should have recognized this as a red flag.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got three offers before I accepted. I received a six figure signing bonus equal to one year's income at my last position.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Ramon, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The initial phone conversation was very good and cordial, although I wasn't sure if I wanted the job and we agreed to a 1:1 the next day for lunch, he was late and distracted constantly talking on the phone. I never felt about being interviewed but just talking about our experience and family and I felt that he was probably going to get to the meat of the interview, but he never did and by the time I was getting ready to ask questions about the company, it was over.

Interview Questions

• How did you get started in the industry?   1 Answer
    • When did you joing Merrill Lynch and how were you there   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2010.

Interview

Several phone calls with district sales manager and district retail bank manager and divisional sales manager for investment team. Normal interview process, "what would you do to grow business...work with others...". management didn't seem to know how large the book of business was, nor did they know the deposit base for the retail banks I would cover.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel reporting to 3 different managers?   1 Answer

Management didn't seem very experienced. Technology was still very old.