U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with U.S. Bank recruiter for an hour, then phone interview with hiring manager the next day. People seemed very friendly and position sounds well established with many peers to work with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my employment history and experience, how I felt about making presentations, if I had ever received cash awards. They asked about how I had made an improvement to a process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I met with three different representatives from their trading teams. They asked a number of different questions and had differing levels of formality. I got the impression that they had been assigned tasks, such as one for character, one for technical skills, and one for business knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I received a number of questions regarding different systems and how much experience I had using each.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an interview through a referral. About a week later I was invited to the SF office where I met with a VP and SVP of investments. VP was the screen, and asked me mostly behavioral questions. SVP focused on more technical investment questions, making sure my skill set fit with the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mutual fund and describe to me how you would evaluate it.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The first interview was in person, so there was no initial phone interview. A week or two later I had a phone interview as the final interview with the regional director, which was interesting since most other interview experiences the phone and in-person have been flipped. About a month later I heard back with an offer. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and they were very informative and helpful in their communication. There was a short personality quiz which I found pretty odd, and I'm not sure how they use it in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• I had to take a skills review exam which took longer than expected but it wasn't too hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

Applied online got a call from a recruiter, then had a phone interview then 2 face to face interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2010.

Interview

Very laid back and simple

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to think out of the box to solve a complex problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2009.

Interview

Everything was top notch with their interview process until they never responded with a final contact. For a company so large, I was surprised their HR didn't do that automatically.

Interview Questions

• Case study was for a loan underwriting assignment with a yes/no decision required   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

Was called after applying to a position online. Given a phone interview that lasted almost 2 hours. Didn't hear back for a while. Got a call back about a month later to come in for another 2 hour interview. Said they would call me in 4-6 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

very easy and informal. Basically, if you told them you were interested in the job they would call you a day after the interview and give the position to you. Interview with two people, not stressful at all. Standard 'tell me about your self questions" Felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Owensboro, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Owensboro, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

They never read my resume. (offended), They ended up giving me a different position. I needed benefits, so I took it. I think I would still be there if I had declined the position they'd offered. The department was just a mess.

Negotiation

The interview was non negotiable. Like I said, I ended up with a job I didn't even apply for and took only for the benefits package. I'm thoroughly disgusted with US Bank.

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview New York, NY I was asked about my employment history and experience, how I felt about making presentations, if I had ever received cash awards. They asked about how I had made an improvement to a process.
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview I received a number of questions regarding different systems and how much experience I had using each.
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview San Francisco, CA Tell me about a mutual fund and describe to me how you would evaluate it.
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview I had to take a skills review exam which took longer than expected but it wasn't too hard.
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Minneapolis, MN Given a report and asked what looks "off"
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Give an example of a time when you had to think out of the box to solve a complex problem?
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Case study was for a loan underwriting assignment with a yes/no decision required
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Minneapolis, MN What are your strengths/weaknesses?
U.S. Bank Financial Analyst Interview Pittsburgh, PA Tell me about your self