U.S. Bank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of candidates. HR had to narrow them down, started with a phone interview and then an in person interview. It was intimidating - they asked a lot of technical questions and picked apart your resumes.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a university career fair where I was told to apply for the position on the company's sight. I was contacted a couple weeks later to set up a 15 minute phone screening with was pretty standard with a few behavioral questions. One week later I was invited to schedule a second round interview at their corporate office where I had three half hour interviews back to back with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you work on teams. Resume specific questions for the most part! Very conversational, but also very structured.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. They told me to go to their Minneapolis branch. It is a group interview. They ask some question through my resume. Not very quantitative. They also introduced their team and their work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The process took 6 Weeks. I received an email asking if I would like to phone interview. Then after the phone interview I went to their offices and did an in person interview with two people. 3 weeks after the interview I was contacted and I unfortunately did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• They showed company morals and you had to relate a situation with your current job and how they connect.
      What is your most difficult job, your easiest job, and most interesting job?
      What has been your easiest class and hardest class and why?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my college career fair and then applied online. I received an opportunity for a phone interview which was just 30 minutes of getting to know you and behavioral questions. I then got an invitation for an in person interview at one of their locations in Bloomington, MN. It was a standard interview with more behavioral questions and going over what experience you have and how you would fit in with the company. After about three weeks I received a call from an HR representative with an offer for a position in the TOS Internship group.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard "Give me a time when.." questions. Several of them related to the new set of morals and goals of U.S. Bank and you had to give a situation where you matched one of those.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly similar to most. Started with an on-campus interview, 1 on 1. Then a few of us were selected to come to the New York office and a second round was conducted. The second round was great because I was able to meet with a few bankers, a trader as well as the head of the MSG here at US Bank.

Interview Questions

• Nothing insanely difficult just know the company's background and how well the MSG has done in its first few years here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2011.

Interview

I reached out to an alumnus of my university who passed my resume around various departments. I ultimately had interviews with 4 different departments (3 interviews in one day). I received an offer a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this industry?   Answer Question
    • If I asked you to create a financial model, would you be able to do that?
      (this department focused heavily on underwriting)
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2011.

Interview

Resume was circulated to different departments. Interested department heads decided whether to interview me. On interview day I met with 4 different departments within 3 interviews. Everyone was friendly and open. The process of hearing back took roughly 2 weeks and came through the HR office located in another state. I was invited to formally apply for the position online and then received the offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting site. I was contacted for an initial screening phone interview. Phone interview was behavioral and a little bit of knowledge based questions. After that I was invited to the office for 3 half hour 1 on1 interviews consisting of similar questions. I was offered the position within a week of second interview. Interviewers were very friendly and nice during the interview. They really appreciated questions that I posed to them.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

I made an appointment with the supervisor by myself. I was great experience. Just simple questions, like Why do you think you are the best candidate for our branch. I think go search for typical interview questions on google would be great choice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for our branch   1 Answer

Negotiation

good good good