U.S. Bank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of candidates. HR had to narrow them down, started with a phone interview and then an in person interview. It was intimidating - they asked a lot of technical questions and picked apart your resumes.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Short phone call straight to experience and knowledge. Mainly focused on programming experience. Also my education background and GPA. They were over all very nice and helpful. As long as you prepare you should be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

Everyone at US Bank is friendly and positive! I had the chance to meet/interview with 2 VP's! I couldn't believe that they took the time to talk with me and be so involved with the interns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

They brought us in fairly quickly for a preliminary interview which I enjoyed very much. Nothing too intimidating, fairly standard process. However they decided (the particular office) that they would not be hosting any interns this year a few months after completing the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for US Bank?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a university career fair where I was told to apply for the position on the company's sight. I was contacted a couple weeks later to set up a 15 minute phone screening with was pretty standard with a few behavioral questions. One week later I was invited to schedule a second round interview at their corporate office where I had three half hour interviews back to back with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you work on teams. Resume specific questions for the most part! Very conversational, but also very structured.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. They told me to go to their Minneapolis branch. It is a group interview. They ask some question through my resume. Not very quantitative. They also introduced their team and their work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The process took 6 Weeks. I received an email asking if I would like to phone interview. Then after the phone interview I went to their offices and did an in person interview with two people. 3 weeks after the interview I was contacted and I unfortunately did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• They showed company morals and you had to relate a situation with your current job and how they connect.
      What is your most difficult job, your easiest job, and most interesting job?
      What has been your easiest class and hardest class and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my college career fair and then applied online. I received an opportunity for a phone interview which was just 30 minutes of getting to know you and behavioral questions. I then got an invitation for an in person interview at one of their locations in Bloomington, MN. It was a standard interview with more behavioral questions and going over what experience you have and how you would fit in with the company. After about three weeks I received a call from an HR representative with an offer for a position in the TOS Internship group.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard "Give me a time when.." questions. Several of them related to the new set of morals and goals of U.S. Bank and you had to give a situation where you matched one of those.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly similar to most. Started with an on-campus interview, 1 on 1. Then a few of us were selected to come to the New York office and a second round was conducted. The second round was great because I was able to meet with a few bankers, a trader as well as the head of the MSG here at US Bank.

Interview Questions

• Nothing insanely difficult just know the company's background and how well the MSG has done in its first few years here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2011.

Interview

I reached out to an alumnus of my university who passed my resume around various departments. I ultimately had interviews with 4 different departments (3 interviews in one day). I received an offer a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this industry?   Answer Question
    • If I asked you to create a financial model, would you be able to do that?
      (this department focused heavily on underwriting)   Answer Question