U.S. Bank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

They brought us in fairly quickly for a preliminary interview which I enjoyed very much. Nothing too intimidating, fairly standard process. However they decided (the particular office) that they would not be hosting any interns this year a few months after completing the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Why do you want to work for US Bank?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a university career fair where I was told to apply for the position on the company's sight. I was contacted a couple weeks later to set up a 15 minute phone screening with was pretty standard with a few behavioral questions. One week later I was invited to schedule a second round interview at their corporate office where I had three half hour interviews back to back with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you work on teams. Resume specific questions for the most part! Very conversational, but also very structured.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview then i was flown out to Chicago and had 10 one on on interviews. Mostly behavior questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years? strengths? weaknesses? know your resume front to back! They go over it. One guy asked technical questions about interest rate swaps. All very kind people!

Interview Questions

• If you expect interest rates to go up would you want a floating or fixed rate for a loan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. They told me to go to their Minneapolis branch. It is a group interview. They ask some question through my resume. Not very quantitative. They also introduced their team and their work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The process took 6 Weeks. I received an email asking if I would like to phone interview. Then after the phone interview I went to their offices and did an in person interview with two people. 3 weeks after the interview I was contacted and I unfortunately did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• They showed company morals and you had to relate a situation with your current job and how they connect.
      What is your most difficult job, your easiest job, and most interesting job?
      What has been your easiest class and hardest class and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

I made an appointment with the supervisor by myself. I was great experience. Just simple questions, like Why do you think you are the best candidate for our branch. I think go search for typical interview questions on google would be great choice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for our branch   1 Answer

Negotiation

good good good

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my college career fair and then applied online. I received an opportunity for a phone interview which was just 30 minutes of getting to know you and behavioral questions. I then got an invitation for an in person interview at one of their locations in Bloomington, MN. It was a standard interview with more behavioral questions and going over what experience you have and how you would fit in with the company. After about three weeks I received a call from an HR representative with an offer for a position in the TOS Internship group.

Interview Questions

• They were the standard "Give me a time when.." questions. Several of them related to the new set of morals and goals of U.S. Bank and you had to give a situation where you matched one of those.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a lot of candidates. HR had to narrow them down, started with a phone interview and then an in person interview. It was intimidating - they asked a lot of technical questions and picked apart your resumes.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Stevens Point, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very professional and straightforward. It began with some light conversation to get comfortable, followed by an overview of the position. I had 2 people interview me, but the branch manager asked most of the questions. It was fairly quick and they answered all of the questions I brought in with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a high stress situation you have been involved in, in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

Talked to a family friend who works at the bank and he gave me a contact email. The contact set up a full day interview with 5 different people, lunch included. Process went smoothly and I heard back within a few weeks that I got a position under one of the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this part of the bank?   1 Answer