U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.6

915 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Portfolio Monitoring Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I got called in for a phone interview. The following day I got called in for an in-person interview. After the in-person interview, I got a call with the regional manager. Everything was well organized and both the in-person interviewer and regional manager were very courteous and professional.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied online for a different location. I got an interview at a branch and then at the main office. I was then transfer to another interview to a different branch. they asked the usual questions and I got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was competitive   1 Answer

Portfolio Monitoring Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I applied online, and was called back to schedule a phone screen a few days later. There were very little technical questions in the interview, it focused more on the standard basic interview questions, and lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team to accomplish something.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call a couple days after for an interview. I came in and there were 2 people asking questions. Didn't hear anything from them after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions like "describe a time you had to get a project done and couldn't finish on time"   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online for position. Within a couple of days, branch manager reached out to set up time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes going over generics like what the role included, expectations, how the branch was performing, and about her personal growth with the company.

Within a couple days, I was told it was between another candidate and me. Asked if I could interview with another branch manager, so she could have a second opinion. The second interview lasted about 40 minutes with more in depth questions. Was told they needed time to deliberate and would get back to me the following week after they had chosen a candidate and HR approved the budget.

Overall experience was highly positive. I was applying for a position in another state, and the main branch manager was so accommodating. Very pleasant and professional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Glendale, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Very difficult interview. I was asked about the financial statements, how they relate to each other, how depreciation works, what the liquidity ratio was, and how to calculate net working capital. I answered the questions mostly correct but I came off as unconfident. Definitely thrown off by how technical the interview was.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chandler, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Really simple. Go in and talk to the hiring manager. Just a few questions to see what you know about the company and what your personality is like. Have you reached certain goals and how did you reach them? Are you comfortable with talking to people? What qualifications do you have?

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been apart of a team where you had to reach a sales goal?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to help your team reach those goals?   Answer Question

Universal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Euclid, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (South Euclid, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy process overall. The first interview was quick and basic. The second interview was much more in depth. I was asked to talk about my selling ability and my customer service experience. I'm very comfortable talking so the conversation was very friendly and flowed easily. Be prepared to "prove" that you will be able to do the job.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The initial communication came via LinkedIn, when a recruiter reached out expressing desire to speak with me. We set a date and time to have a phone conversation. Well, it never happened as "something came up" and it was rescheduled. That call never happened either. That should have been a sign, however, a position opened up locally that I was interested in and I applied. That recruiter was very nice. Set up an in person interview. The office is outdated, with horrible looking furniture. Again, another sign. The in person interview was probably the worst, and most uncomfortable I have ever been a part of.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

It may take a couple of weeks after you apply to get a response if they're interested in interviewing you for the position. I had to interview with 2 separate managers prior to being offered a position. Overall it was a pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• The ask specific questions about you're previous experience. If you don't have direct experience what experience makes you qualified for the position.   Answer Question