U.S. Bank In-Store Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank In-Store Banker Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online through their website. I received a call a week later from one of the recruiters, she did a phone interview and asked me about my previous job and experience, and why I wanted to work for them. Another week later I got a called from the branch manager to go interview, so I went the next day and he asked me a few other interview questions, more detailed. It seem like he liked my answers and I felt very confident, due to my previous job which was a lot similar to what I was applying for. He said they would let know if they would give me and offer by the end of the week. I went home and about 2 hours later I received a call with an offer. I'm just waiting for my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to come up with ideas to achieve goals as a team.   Answer Question
  • Did you play any sports in school?   Answer Question
  • What are three things that you would want me to think of you as, when I pull out your resume?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy. They really needed someone. I enjoyed speaking with the manager that hired me, I learned a lot about how to progress in the company. The only bad part of the hiring process was it took nearly 2 more weeks to hear a word from anyone. It felt like they had almost forgotten about me.

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Gig Harbor, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

They phone screen first, then you go trough several rounds of interviews before being offered the job. They interview based on the Behavioral Interview method, so make sure you give specific answers to experiences you've had in the past. If you are vague or speak in generalities, they view it as not answering their questions.

Interview Questions

• In the past, when you have had a co-worker not performing up to standards or following policies and procedures, how have you handled this and would you do anything differently, if given the opportunity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with District Manager and HR. It was a very comfortable process. They asked typical behavioral questions. The interviews on Indeed were very helpful. I am bilingual and they had me read something in Spanish.

In-Store Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Two - three interviews. I had three interviews. Took about two weeks to complete all three. The first one was in person with a branch manager. They said they didn't have an opening and sent me to another location. The second interview considered me and sent me to a third interview. The third interview was with the finance district manager, district manager and another store manager. During this last interview, they asked what location(s) I would prefer. It was a week later when I got a phone call with an offer. I accepted after I negotiated my salary.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions. Best to have retail experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary by stating what I made now and then they offered same.

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (El Dorado Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was laid back, best interview ever. Little did I know the manager was trying to hire me so she could move out of that branch and to another one. She sold the job to me as low stress, great company to work for, great environment. She really really wanted me to take the bait and I did. Little did I know I was the only applicant for the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a workload if you had a thing to do for a customer, self, coworker, manager, manager's boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a total of four interviews (it can vary)
    - The screening process began with an unexpected phone call after applying online, they asked very basic interview questions and set the first 1-1 interview date.
    - First interview was at the branch that I applied for and it was face the face with the manager that I will be working with.
    -Second Interview was with a manager from another branch.
    -The third and final interview was over the phone with the district manager

Interview Questions

• Questions were in regards to personality, sales, and working in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

In-Store Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews one with a branch manager and another with the district manager. They were both very direct and they went pretty fast. The first interview was mostly just asking questions about me and seeing if personality was any good. The second were alot more questions about my work and how I handle certain scenarios. Loved it. They have great managers at US bank

Interview Questions

• The questions as a whole were around sales and how comfortable you are with selling and getting products ether through phone calls.   1 Answer

In-Store Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back from the branch manager in couple of days to come for an interview. The manager was not prepared, read questions from a paper. He seemed very inexperienced.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview for internal promotion. I personally knew the manager from working together at another location. Fairly easy.

Entering the company I did have 3 interviews.
    Phone, one on one and then a panel. People at this bank are really relaxed, so just relax. Overall an enjoyable interview. Felt like a regular chat.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios; lots of them. What would you do?questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating