U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. They called up for face to face interview. When you pass that then you have another interview with Branch manager. They will call you when they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Expect questions on customer service part than technical questions
    The answer should be precise and questions like- if your father is a teacher then why do you want to become a banker? can come up from your answer to the first question. Be prepared with the answers to these expected questions.

Because this is the first question so the candidate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process went well. Basic questions such as giving examples of good/bad work experiences, sell me this pen strategy, and role playing an upset customer situation. Management seemed to be uninterested in anything going on other than what was going on with his phone. Interview lasted a little over an hour. After the interview, the manager said they would contact me in the next few weeks and to feel free to call for a follow up a few times weekly. 6 weeks later, after calling once a week inquiring and being told I was a contender and that they think I would be perfect for the position, I get a basic email stating that they went with someone who was "more qualified". (It was for an entry level position and I have management experience as well as cash handling certifications) Neither here nor there. Overall, it seems like a good company to work for based on other reviews I've read. Just very poor communication skills and lack of enthusiasm on managements behalf.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing negative customer experiences
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer/what did you do
      Sell me this pen
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Sacramento, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later. I went in for an interview. During the interview I was just very talkative and engaging, I asked my own questions for them. They really look for personality, so make sure you smile and you are really engaging in the conversation. After 3 days they called and offered me the job, so now I am waiting to hear back from the branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle Heights, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle Heights, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was an easy interview. They read questions from a script, had only 3 or 4 off script. It was an easy process. Very nice women, cordial, at ease.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a tellers job is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Dublin, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with branch manager followed by second interview with district manager at Stoneridge Mall location. Interview went well. I was disappointed that after making time to interview and getting all dressed up, they didn't have the professionalism to contact me again and tell me I didn't get the job.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by someone at the bank. They asked some screening questions and then set up an in person interview. Fairly easy process.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2016.

Interview

Applied and a day later received an interview really easy first interview was going over the position second was answering a few questions I really connected with mine Google them learn some info about the company it helps to arrive early have some water with you and remember to smile

Interview Questions

• What job did you like the most and why what job did you like the least   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Two days after applying got a call for a one on one interview, my interview was performed by the general manager and assistant manager, after that they told me they had a couple of more interviews and told me they would contact me after 1 week, never happenned

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Mercer Island, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, and 2 days later have two with Branch Manager and Assistant Manager (1h and 15 minutes) and then District Manager interview (1 hour). The process took a week only!
    U.S. Bank staff is professional and gracious! I called 3 hours after the interview to offer a job!
    I declined their offer because another bank is closed to my house. But I would choose them if there is one closer.
    It was my first interview ever wit a bank, so I think it's pretty challenging if you don't come prepared. But just be yourself and they will love you!
    Their employees love the bank and they seem to have good benefits too!

Interview Questions

• My past experience A LOT
      Challenging project, difficult customer - how to deal with them SPECIFICLY
      Teamwork means to you, diversity environment
      Answer Question