U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.4

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twin Lakes, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Twin Lakes, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Friendly team interview. The manager and co manager did the interview. They were prompt and courteous. I felt that they were genuinely interested in developing an open dialogue with me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be able to handle a position where you are no longer in charge and how will you deal with any potential issues your peers will have with you considering your previous experience?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and called the bank about 2 weeks later to follow up. The manager said she was in the process of doing interviews and scheduled mine for the following Thursday. The interview was really easy. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

The whole process was fairly easy, I was asked simple questions by a friendly branch manager, who made me feel pretty comfortable I did not feel overwhelmed or nervous while answering.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was to name a stressful situation you once had and how did you handle it or make the situation right for the customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. If you can think of the general questions that any large bank would ask for this position, then you should be able to answer them easily. They were all cliche questions that in reality have little to do with working as a teller but such is to be expected. The process took about 15-20 minutes with the branch manager and head teller performing the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go through my resume and explain how the experiences I have connected to the four pillars of being a teller which are 1) customer service, 2) operations, 3) sales, 4) teamwork.   Answer Question
    • What does diversity bring to a team environment?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • What do you do outside of work?   Answer Question
    • Are there any questions you would like to ask us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied online for a different location. I got an interview at a branch and then at the main office. I was then transfer to another interview to a different branch. they asked the usual questions and I got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was competitive   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nyssa, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Nyssa, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Very informal interview. Normal questions about work history, dealings with cash experience. Also asked what they're looking for in a supervisor . It helped that my reference was someone well known within our small community.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call a couple days after for an interview. I came in and there were 2 people asking questions. Didn't hear anything from them after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions like "describe a time you had to get a project done and couldn't finish on time"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got an interview. Really easy interview, got an offer a few days later. Whole thing took about a week. Interviewed with both the manager and assistant manager. They were both really nice, we got to talk about why she loves US Bank and asked how I could bring value to the team. The manager was also transparent about what she expected your sales to be and asked about my sales experience. After that spoke with the assistant manager about cash handling experience.

Interview Questions

• what are your Strengths, what are your Weaknesses, Why US Bank, Sales experience   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Louisville, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process wasn't very difficult at all. It did require and initial phone screening. I was then asked to come into the branch to complete an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. They called up for face to face interview. When you pass that then you have another interview with Branch manager. They will call you when they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations.