U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

UHNW Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

From recruitment, travel itineraries, interview day, and follow up exchanges, the entire experience felt welcoming, informational and yes, the right amount of challenging. Unfortunately I did not get this location, but because of the great experience and feedback I continue to search the company for similar positions as available.

Interview Questions

• Experience in other fields within a planning team.   1 Answer

Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Bloomington, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was not contacted. I contacted then and was immediately called back for an interview with the recruiter two weeks from application date. She then interviewed me and recommended me to my future boss. My boss contacted me and we met face to face for another interview, and then another interview with her assistant. Then they recommended me to the regional manager. And I was interviewed by her two days later over the phone. Now I'm waiting to hear if I'm hired I should know in a few days!

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   1 Answer

In-store Banker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Akron, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Took almost a month on the phone, in person with three different managers for one location. Decisions were slow and so was the entire process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hold firm to what you know you are worth. They will low ball your offer. Be sure to counter and stand firm.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then had another phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview went well -- a few hours later, I was sent a long survey with questions about MS project. The questions were very detailed and most would be very tough to answer if you don't have access to Project (in other words, I had to do this survey while I was at work, on my work computer. If you are currently unemployed, and don't have a copy of MS project on your personal computer, good luck! You can, however, Google the answers of course. Perhaps they still think it's 1995....

They gave me only 24 hours to complete this. I thought that was pretty unreasonable but I still filled it out.

I passed their MS project "test" and was invited to an in person interview.

I met with 6 people and the interview lasted almost 4 hours. It was exhausting.

I kept getting asked very specific, detailed questions about MS project. The questions were so detailed that it's tough to answer questions like that without sitting in front of a computer. "How do you access this function in project?" "

What the heck? I felt like I shouldve studied a book on Project before this interview.

As I was in the interview, I realized that they were looking for a MS Project expert. That, I am not. I use it but I am no expert. I knew this wasn't the role for me. I'm a PM. In my 10 years experience, I've never had a project succeed because of my knowledge (or lack thereof) of a software tool; it succeeded (or failed) because of a human element -- in other words, being a good PM really relies on your soft skills.

They don't want soft skills in their PMs in TOS (that's the bank's IT Dept). They want hard skills in MS project, Clairty, etc. Those seasoned soft skills you have with negotiating with stakeholders and working with SMEs goes out the window here; but if you can access some obscure function in Project, you're golden.

After my interview, I felt exhausted. I didn't want to work for this group -- it seemed like a tough group to work for (not to mention that they told me the reason this position is open is becuae the previous person didn't make it past her 90 day review. Yikes.

After alllll of this hullabaloo, silence. I didn't get even an email saying thanks but no. Nothing! How incredibly unprofessional! I took an entire vacation day from my current job to go through a 4 hour grilling session, plus a long survey and they couldn't even bother to send a rejection email.

In hindsight, I was talking to an acquaintance and she said that working in Us Bank's TOS (IT) as a project manager is a very very tough environment and many don't last long. Good to know.

Despite all this, I really feel bad about writing a negative interview review for US Bank as I really respect this company.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2012.

Interview

Long process. FIrst, after you put in an application, you have to wait approximately a week until it goes thru HR and then gets funneled to the hiring manager. Most of the time, the hiring manager doesn't get to the req for a few days because they are busy with things that they shouldn't need to do (small business), and then they finally call for an interview

Fraud Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Phone Interview - Basic
    In Person - Very technical and case study like questions. In order to do well, I had to know SAS, SQL, and pattern recognition ad hoc. The interview was straight forward without any gimmicks.

Interview Questions

• Show me what you see in this random spreadsheet of data?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Entry level, little negotiation.

Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Meeting at corporate headquarters. Run of the mill questions. The company is very high on customer service and ethics. They will ensure that a candidate understands that there is no tolerance for unethical behavior and the importance of consumer privacy.

Interview Questions

• How do you react under high volume.   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (New Delhi (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

it was good, 2 levels of technical discussion and more real time scenarios, and architecture level questions,as well as they test the indepth knowledge on each technology that you have experience, and they test your confidence level and real time work and hands on experience

Interview Questions

• conceptual questions,2 levels of technical discussion and more real time scenarios,and architecture level questions   1 Answer

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very structured and formal. They read from a list of questions they ask every candidate, and explained this is to ensure a consistent and fair interview process for every candidate. They did not ask anything on my resume or cover letter, I had work in points in those documents on my own/unprompted.

Interview Questions

• They asked for a lot of specific examples of situations I'd encountered in my professional experience: examples of negotiating, following a company policy I don't agree with, helping someone in a difficult situation, etc.   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

I had an extensive presentation in front of a panel. I also had handouts, participants guide in order to keep my audience engaged. My sit down interview process was with my manager and soon to be co-worker...awkward might I add.

Interview Questions

• Can I stand in front of an audience of more than 50 people   Answer Question