U.S. Bank In-Store Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank In-Store Banker Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Gig Harbor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Gig Harbor, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

They phone screen first, then you go trough several rounds of interviews before being offered the job. They interview based on the Behavioral Interview method, so make sure you give specific answers to experiences you've had in the past. If you are vague or speak in generalities, they view it as not answering their questions.

Interview Questions

• In the past, when you have had a co-worker not performing up to standards or following policies and procedures, how have you handled this and would you do anything differently, if given the opportunity?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

In Store Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2014.

Interview

Went to a group interview first, we did a group activity as our first activity. Next we did roleplaying and the interview asked us to sell him something imaginary item from a type of store. After that we met 1 on 1. A few days later the branch manager for the job I applied to called me and I met with her. After meeting with her she said I would be going through a phone interview about a week later. After the phone interview the branch manager called me and said I was hired! Whoo!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to go above and beyond to try and make a sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Pocatello, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online, was called for one on one interview with branch manager. Then went through second interview with area manager. Was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Sounded like a great place to work. They offer great things for their employees and offered a good pay rate, however I received an offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint George, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

- 2 phone interviews
    - 1 interview with the Branch Manager
    - Overall they were very friendly and wanted to get to know who I was and how I would add value to the company.

Interview Questions

• - What banking experience do you have?
      - What sales experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Bring your resume in and meet with manager personally. Once you come in for the interview just be your self, they like a lot of customer service background and just taking care of the customer. Also some sales experience for credit cards and running loans, just being comfortable taliking to customers.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest customer you delt with and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (O'Fallon, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied on-line and received a phone call from the branch manager a few days later. Asked a few simple questions about why I applied there and then scheduled an in-person interview. First interview was standard behavioral questions, seemingly went well. The next day received a phone call to schedule a second interview, this one at a different branch with a different manager. This one went more over what questions I may have, and really supplemental to the first. A week and half went by, received a phone call from the manager apologizes saying I'm still under consideration, just waiting on HR. Two days later received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• First interview, mostly behavioral questions (likely HR standard for large company). In the second interview: after your first interview what other things do you want to know about the position or about working here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Nashville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with District Manager and HR. It was a very comfortable process. They asked typical behavioral questions. The interviews on Indeed were very helpful. I am bilingual and they had me read something in Spanish.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy. They really needed someone. I enjoyed speaking with the manager that hired me, I learned a lot about how to progress in the company. The only bad part of the hiring process was it took nearly 2 more weeks to hear a word from anyone. It felt like they had almost forgotten about me.

In-Store Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews one with a branch manager and another with the district manager. They were both very direct and they went pretty fast. The first interview was mostly just asking questions about me and seeing if personality was any good. The second were alot more questions about my work and how I handle certain scenarios. Loved it. They have great managers at US bank

Interview Questions

• The questions as a whole were around sales and how comfortable you are with selling and getting products ether through phone calls.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online through their website. I received a call a week later from one of the recruiters, she did a phone interview and asked me about my previous job and experience, and why I wanted to work for them. Another week later I got a called from the branch manager to go interview, so I went the next day and he asked me a few other interview questions, more detailed. It seem like he liked my answers and I felt very confident, due to my previous job which was a lot similar to what I was applying for. He said they would let know if they would give me and offer by the end of the week. I went home and about 2 hours later I received a call with an offer. I'm just waiting for my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to come up with ideas to achieve goals as a team.   Answer Question
    • Did you play any sports in school?   Answer Question
    • What are three things that you would want me to think of you as, when I pull out your resume?   Answer Question