U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.6

CDO Analyst Interview

Interview

I Haven't had one yet. I have an interview a week from today. I came to get an idea how interest going to be. Writing 30 word is extremely ridiculous

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I sat down with two individuals and went through multiple questions..I answered all questions and they said they would get back to me i got the job and filled out paperwork etc

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Easy, but asking questions about marriage and kids is illegal. I believe that interviewer was trying to be sociable, but these kinds of questions are off limits.

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Do you have kids?   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

1. phone interview with HR then on site interview with branch manager or district manager, HR will give you an insight of the job role and will ask you couple random questions which are so pretty conversational. If HR contacted you for the role, you are mostly likely getting an interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• 1.walk me through your resume.
      2. why do you want to work for US Bank?
      3. role play ( from greeting customer to initiate the service)   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

3 phone interviews, 1 in person interview. Phone screen w/ recruiter. Phone interview w/ hiring manager, HR director and the regional managers f the business line that I would be supporting. In person interview with a local HR manager.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

There are three stages: an initial phone screening, an interview with the branch manager, and another interview with a second branch manager. They will ask you about items on your resume and the standard "tell me about a time when..." questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to tell a customer no.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you handled a conflict poorly. What did you do to resolve the situation afterwards?   1 Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 interview session where I met a few different individuals. It took a couple of months to complete the whole process. It was a pleasant process though.

Interview Questions

• How will you grow your business?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I heard back 1 month after applying, had the interview at the branch I applied for. The interview went well, both branch manager & assitant manager/head teller interviewed me for roughly 45 minutes. I got called back the same day, about 2 hours later, offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the branch & U.S. Bank in general?   Answer Question
    • How would your past experiences help you as a teller?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. If you can think of the general questions that any large bank would ask for this position, then you should be able to answer them easily. They were all cliche questions that in reality have little to do with working as a teller but such is to be expected. The process took about 15-20 minutes with the branch manager and head teller performing the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go through my resume and explain how the experiences I have connected to the four pillars of being a teller which are 1) customer service, 2) operations, 3) sales, 4) teamwork.   Answer Question
    • What does diversity bring to a team environment?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • What do you do outside of work?   Answer Question
    • Are there any questions you would like to ask us?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Just a basic meeting with the manager and assit. manager. After the 1st interview I had a another one with the branch manager's boss. Got a job off a few days later. Started two weeks after the job offer.