U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

RCA Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was adequate. The hiring managers were laid back but professional. The hiring managers went right into questioning me regarding my past experiences and expectations of the role. The hiring managers were positive and were focused on building rapport.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to make a trade off to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Knoxville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was fine and went well. I was told that I had all of the qualifications that they were looking for this position. But, they never responded as to whether or not I had been selected. There was no feedback at all. This is the case with almost every position that you apply for within this company.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge and experience and how will you be able to bring that to this position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I met with three different representatives from their trading teams. They asked a number of different questions and had differing levels of formality. I got the impression that they had been assigned tasks, such as one for character, one for technical skills, and one for business knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I received a number of questions regarding different systems and how much experience I had using each.   Answer Question

Securities Specialist I Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter there for a different position originally, but I suppose they thought I would fit this position more. They started with a 30 min phone screening to get to know me and my history and then scheduled an in person interview with the managers there. The overall process was pretty basic and they were really nice people.

Interview Questions

• what would your previous manager say your 3 greatest qualities are?   Answer Question

I declined because I accepted another offer for the same company.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Mercer Island, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, and 2 days later have two with Branch Manager and Assistant Manager (1h and 15 minutes) and then District Manager interview (1 hour). The process took a week only!
    U.S. Bank staff is professional and gracious! I called 3 hours after the interview to offer a job!
    I declined their offer because another bank is closed to my house. But I would choose them if there is one closer.
    It was my first interview ever wit a bank, so I think it's pretty challenging if you don't come prepared. But just be yourself and they will love you!
    Their employees love the bank and they seem to have good benefits too!

Interview Questions

• My past experience A LOT
      Challenging project, difficult customer - how to deal with them SPECIFICLY
      Teamwork means to you, diversity environment
      Answer Question

Client Support Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted a week later by the hiring manager for an in-person interview the next day. Turned out to be a panel of 5 people (not 1 person as expected). It was at a subsidary of US Bank (FSV), also not explained when invited nor that the location was difficult to find. Each person asked ~ 3 questions. I was told they'd make their decision by the next Friday. I felt I did very well and sent a thank you email. This job required to be on-call once every 3 months or so (your work hours would change that week and you'd be on call all weekend). This was only explained when I asked specifically about it from the job description, at the end of the interview. I followed-up 3 weeks later. Still no response more than 5-6 weeks later. They've posted 4 of these positions in recent weeks. It's common courtesy to let someone who had interviewed know you didn't get the job and they chose someone else. You don't even get that from US Bank or FSV Payment Systems.

Interview Questions

• How do you get people from different depts to work together more cohesively? What do you do above and beyond to show a client how important they are? How do you deal with a customer who is not happy with your resolution to their problem? How do you prioritize duties / tasks? What do you do when a customer with a problem doesn't know what they want? How did you overcome adversity with a project, what was it and how did you do it? Tell me about an idea you had to improve something at your work. How did you handle a project where you had to determine what role people played? Tell me about a time you had last minute changes to a project and how did you handle it? How did you handle a project that didn't meet a deadline? How do you handle an overload of work being given to you? How did you show urgency when resolving a problem?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview! Filled out application online. Had first interview with Asst manager and manager. Called back for 2nd interview a week later. 5 days later I was offered position. The manager was extremely nice and nonjudgmental. The background check and fingerprinting went very quick! I never spoke to a live person from HR/Recruiting everything is done online.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a long and drawn out process. I had a total of 7 interviews. The first was an informal phone call with the hiring manager. The next three with with all senior leadership level over the phone since they are placed all over the country. Then I had an in-person with the hiring manager. The next one was with the Sr. VP of the division I was applying for. Then I had another interview with the hiring manager. It sounds worse than it was. They were all very cordial and personable. The process took over a month. The questions were very conversational. Tell me about what you have done and how it can apply here? I spoke a lot about my skills and experience and why I was interested in the role.

Interview Questions

• If you were to roll out a new strategy, bank wide. How would you look at it and plan it out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little. Be warned that they ask for W2's and recent paystubs. This really puts all the bargaining chips in their hands. However, the offer was very fair and I was surprised they didn't low ball me. I was able to negotiate a 5% raise in what they originally offered.

Branch Manager IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the regional recruiter and then had a interview with the district manager who then set up an interview with gallop. Never heard back again. Thought it was very unprofessional. I emailed the assistant to follow up and still no response. That has never happened before.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

After having responded to an internal recruiter email, we set up a time to call and discuss a few options but no specific position. I thought it went well, spoke for over one half hour. He requested my resume which I needed to update before sending. I sent it to him and he suggested that it could be longer but he would send it along to a hiring manager in the particular field.
    That was over one month ago and no response so far.

Interview Questions

• What was it that made you return my email, why are you looking?   1 Answer