U.S. Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.6

Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Meeting at corporate headquarters. Run of the mill questions. The company is very high on customer service and ethics. They will ensure that a candidate understands that there is no tolerance for unethical behavior and the importance of consumer privacy.

Interview Questions

• How do you react under high volume.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

There was a meet and greet with about 50 applicants, then we had to fill out a personality evaluation to determine if we moved on to the next round where we had a panel interview with the district managers. If you were selected to go on past that, you had a final interview with the Regional Manager.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Three interviews with different managers in the district. More of an interview to see how much of a fit I would be. Looking for a good attitude and strong work ethic. Career minded people should achieve high levels of performance,

Interview Questions

• Strengths weaknesses
      What do you do outside of work
      role play   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled and conducted by the General branch manager. After approval, was contacted and scheduled an in-person interview with branch manager and Regional VP. Had the interview and they said they would get back with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe how well you work as a cohesive teammate and give an example of a time when you had to do so.   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Expect questions on customer service part than technical questions
    The answer should be precise and questions like- if your father is a teacher then why do you want to become a banker? can come up from your answer to the first question. Be prepared with the answers to these expected questions.

Because this is the first question so the candidate

In-Store Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Bring your resume in and meet with manager personally. Once you come in for the interview just be your self, they like a lot of customer service background and just taking care of the customer. Also some sales experience for credit cards and running loans, just being comfortable taliking to customers.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest customer you delt with and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Mail Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I met and had an interview with the Mail Ops manager it was about 30-45 mins long she mainly asked and wanted to know about my work history and ethic and if I am structured. I got a call later that day and was also emailed my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What do you think it takes to have a good work environment?   Answer Question
    • If you could have done things differently or changed things at your last job what would it have been?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process went well. Basic questions such as giving examples of good/bad work experiences, sell me this pen strategy, and role playing an upset customer situation. Management seemed to be uninterested in anything going on other than what was going on with his phone. Interview lasted a little over an hour. After the interview, the manager said they would contact me in the next few weeks and to feel free to call for a follow up a few times weekly. 6 weeks later, after calling once a week inquiring and being told I was a contender and that they think I would be perfect for the position, I get a basic email stating that they went with someone who was "more qualified". (It was for an entry level position and I have management experience as well as cash handling certifications) Neither here nor there. Overall, it seems like a good company to work for based on other reviews I've read. Just very poor communication skills and lack of enthusiasm on managements behalf.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing negative customer experiences
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer/what did you do
      Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was with the direct manager. No recruiter that I had to go back and forth with. It was direct with my now manager. He then submitted my info to a hiring recruiter. I spoke to my manager at all times. I then interviewed with my district manager for final approval

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview followed up by 4 1/2 hour back to back in person interviews with hiring manager, his boss, coworker and partner. I really have no idea what else to say here but apparently there is a quota to fill so I'll jabber on like this is making a contribution.

Interview Questions

• I asked the hiring managers boss what the biggest challenge he sees for the upcoming year.   3 Answers