U.S. Bank Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

Questions from standardized format specific to each department broken down by sections. Typical questions like tell me about yourself. Situational questions...tell me about a time when... Knowyour accomplishments before the interview and you'll be fine.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was less than difficult. I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed. Then, they set up an interview with a supervisor and manager of the department. They contacted me within a couple weeks and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions were asked..."tell me about a time when you had a challenging situation, what was the challenge, what did you do, and what was the outcome?" Two pages of questions just like that.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Phone and Panel- talked with a recruiter on the phone, and then was offered and interview...did an interview with a panel of 2 people, it all took about an hour and half. I received a call shortly after that and was offered the position.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

After applying online, I received an e-mail a few days later for a phone interview. The interviewer was on-time, pleasant, and the overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• No questions were particularly difficult, but the details of the job were a little different than I expected based on the information from the job posting. I could have prepared better for the interview if I would have known the details of the job up front.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

A phone interview, took a personality test, had a set of interviews with all of the district managers and the operations manager (two at a time) at the corporate office, and a last interview with the regional manager at the corporate office. Be knowledgeable about the company, the industry and what is going on in the economy. The managers all love to hear about any sales success that you have had in previous positions because of the high level of sales required for the position. The company is also very focused on customer satisfaction so if you are a relationship builder out of habit let them know about it in the interview, don't lie if you are not it won't necessarily hurt you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for 2 positions with the manager from each department. The questions asked were standard behavioral interview questions along with in depth discussions of each of the departments operations.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fremont, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

telephone interview, behavioral questions, group interview

good

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL).

Interview

You interview with 2-3 other managers, depending on the position in which you are interested. After that, you go through an extensive background and credit check. Then you get a call from HR regarding if you received the position and how much your pay will be. Then, once accepted, it takes up to another 2-4 weeks to start.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was with selling and with cold calling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for a management position and offered an entry level position. I was told that they already had the managers selected before I interviewed. The person that was doing the hiring was not even the person I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very standard. There was nothing unique about the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I attempted to negotiate, the HR rep said he would ask the hiring manager but the manager may take the job offer away!

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2009.

Interview

4 -5 Behavioral Based interviews. Very friendly and was impressed with the Interviewer's pride in their company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an initial offer and negotiated a higher offer. After a few days, they called me back and offered me something I could live with.