U.S. Bank Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.8

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via US Bank website. Received a call from the hiring manager about 3 weeks after applying. He gave a brief overview of the position. Set up two phone interviews, one a more formal interview with the hiring manager and the second with his manager. Both lasted approximately 30 minutes. Received a call 3 days later from a recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating with a bank is very difficult. They are usually firm with their offer. They also do not typically add additional PTO.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Very normal interview with pre decided questions that are pretty typical in Today's day and age. It was a panel of the Assistant vice president and 2 other managers. Interview was professional and courteous the whole time. The leadership displayed excellent examples of what it means to be a leader within the company.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked with individuals from a different background in the past?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Initial interview with recruiter was great, friendly and courteous. Immediately referred to a peer interview, but warned that they were not adapting to change well in that location. I received a call shortly afterward to setup peer interview and was told I would meet with 2 people, the person calling and another person. When I reached the office, I was 10 minutes early. I was placed in a small cramped office with no windows. I waited 25 minutes before anyone came (peer interviewer was 15 minutes late to the interview). Only one person showed up, the one that called blew it off completely. The person doing the interview seemed uninterested in anything I had to say from the moment she walked in. I have traveled quite a bit in life and she was more interested in the places I visited than my career experiences, but even then seemed at times like I was bothering her by being there. At the end of the interview, she made a comment that she would prefer to hire from within and it seemed clear that she was being forced to interview me. Within hours of the interview, received standard form email stating they were not proceeding with me as a candidate. As you may be wondering, I was professionally dressed, my resume is professional, I was qualified, I don't slouch and smile while making eye contact and firm handshake. My time was completely wasted.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions, no question was difficult or unexpected, the climate of the interview itself was what was unexpected.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Originally contacted by a retained recruiter regarding a position that had been open for some time. I had a 30 minute conversation with her, which led to an interview a few days later with the hiring manager. I was then asked to interview with 2 people who would be my peers. After that, broght in to meet a panel of co-workers. All in all, a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• No real curve balls. Besides the technical questions, there was a lot of conversation about being a good culture fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview at U.S. Bank. I found the gentleman conducting the interview to be personable and comfortable to talk with. He explained why the positions were open, what the new department would do and his direction for the future. I thought it would be a good company to work for with very diverse options for future growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone to give you time to talk about risks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Overland Park, KS) in September 2011.

Interview

Typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time when you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.