U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated Dec 25, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monticello, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Monticello, MN).

Interview

I applied in November and received a call back in December. The interview was scheduled in the morning with the district manager. It turned out to be a group interview with the branch manager. Both managers were friendly and polite. They asked questions back and forth. At the end, I was asked to profile questions based on a given topic. The interview wasn't overly long. They said they had other interviews that day and once they picked one or two people, they would make offers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would bring from my current workplace.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Got the interview trough a referral took about 3 weeks in total. All interviews went well but at the they said they hired someone else. Overall average interview basic questions asked.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Originally applied for a Universal Banker position. I started with phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter asked about my current position and recognitions I had listed on my resume. She recommended that I apply for another position posted about three hours away from where I live (I said I was willing to relocate) as that position seemed like a better fit. I told her my availability for an in person interview and about a week later was contacted by a different recruiter letting me know my interview was the following day. I don't think she realized I had to drive three hours, however the three managers seemed appreciative of the effort I took to make it to the interview. They asked about my accomplishments in my current position as well as how I achieved my goals. There was a lot if role playing, after which they gave instant feedback. I felt the interview went well, however, about months after, I received a generic decline letter for the original Universal Banker position I had posted for.

Interview Questions

• How would you conduct a cold call to a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Greenwood Village, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met a district manager at a college career fair and this manager passed my resume to other managers hiring personal bankers.

Interview Questions

• A lot of them were situation-based questions. Ex) How did you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Normal, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position via indeed.com and got a call from the branch manager a few days later. It was a for an out of state move so he agreed to do a phone interview with me and when the time came closer to him finishing up interviews he would meet with me in person. He scheduled the interview for a week after the initial phone call. when the time came for the first interview we had a long discussion about what my background was with customer service, banking industry, credit knowledge etc and about how I like do be managed. He seemed very intersted in that topic inparticular. He asked me 3 or 4 times. At the end of the hour long phone interview he told me that he wanted to meet me in person and I was a final candidate.

I scheulded an inperson 2nd interview for 2 weeks after that. I thought things were going well but then the manager started to act kind of squirrley. He forgot that we never set up an interview time and seemed uninterested on the phone the next time I spoke with him to confirm a time. When I went in for the in person interview (I drove 4 hours mind you) he was 40 minutes late and made me feel like he was annoyed that I was there. He repeated almost every question he had asked me on the phone interview and when I answered he gazed out into the lobby or into the parking lot. The kicker though was when he told me straight up that his reason that he was having reservations about hiring me was because i was moving to the area with my boyfriend and "boyfriend and girlfriends break up". This is blatant discrimination based on marital status. Furthermore he proceeded to tell me that his personal views were that one shouldn't live with someone before they were married. I was there for a job interiview..not a moral debate. He also told me that he didnt see himself there very long and didn't care much for his job and the previous person left the position because he was doing a lot of work and not making enough money. Ok thanks for convincing me not to want to work there!

Most of the questions in the interview (both of them) were pretty basic. Name a time when you had to overcome and deal with a difficult customer, how do you handle criticism etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Signal Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Signal Hill, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Was a pretty basic interview. Was expecting technical questions. The interviewer asked basic questions like tell me about your self,how do you stay organized, and asked also about my experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked "name a time where you were able to learn something quickly". Of course this threw me off and my answer was not as fine tuned as it should have been.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Coralville, IA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview to start. Called back several weeks later for in person interview. Had interview. Several weeks went by, had second round of interviews. Bank manager seemed exhausted with interview process and uninterested. Totally turned me off from wanting to be employee of company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2011.

Interview

Had a great interview, Branch Manager seemed really excited about having me on board and told me she would call me back right away. I placed three followup calls over the course of a month to her assistant and not a single call was returned. Months later I received an email from HR saying the position had been cut.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions, When have you have ever had to deal with a dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurie, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Laurie, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time teller position. I received a phone call three days later and we discussed the position. "Manager" told me that she was looking for someone part time, who would stay part time for awhile. She knew I was more interested in a full-time position. She told me to think about it and get back with her. A week later she called me back with information about a new position that will be available soon. We talked about the job duties and she said it sounded like it would be a better fit. We set up an interview.
    I literally just got out of my interview.
    The interview lasted just over an hour. She was very friendly and professional. The manager had asked me to describe myself, my experiences, and asked deeper into my experiences. She informed me the job is sales oriented and there are bonus' if one meets certain goals. She even answered the questions I was going to ask before I got to them, so make sure you have backup questions to ask the employer!
     The branch seemed very comfortable and 'homey' with chairs, couches, etc. The staff was friendly.
    The manager the next step will be another interview with her and the district manager. So I am looking for that soon. It sounds like a place I can see myself working in.