U.S. Bank Interview Questions in Richfield, MN | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a long and drawn out process. I had a total of 7 interviews. The first was an informal phone call with the hiring manager. The next three with with all senior leadership level over the phone since they are placed all over the country. Then I had an in-person with the hiring manager. The next one was with the Sr. VP of the division I was applying for. Then I had another interview with the hiring manager. It sounds worse than it was. They were all very cordial and personable. The process took over a month. The questions were very conversational. Tell me about what you have done and how it can apply here? I spoke a lot about my skills and experience and why I was interested in the role.

Interview Questions

• If you were to roll out a new strategy, bank wide. How would you look at it and plan it out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little. Be warned that they ask for W2's and recent paystubs. This really puts all the bargaining chips in their hands. However, the offer was very fair and I was surprised they didn't low ball me. I was able to negotiate a 5% raise in what they originally offered.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, to the point. Leadership was dynamic & fast paced. Shot straight from the hip. No hype or fluff. Was clear in expectations and left no stone unturned. Received an immediate feel for the environment and pace I'd be up against.

Interview Questions

• What is it that I'm looking to attain while working at US Bank?   1 Answer

Resiliency Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone interview with mgr, then phone inner veiw with sr mgr, then In person interview with mgr, sr mgr, and potential future team members.They were close to offering me the position until we found out we were going to be too far apart on the salary. All the people I met with seemed great and very happy to be working at USB.

Interview Questions

• Since I had previously been a manager they asked if I felt I would be comfortable being in an individual contributor position?   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN).

Interview

First a 15-30 min phone interview. Asked basic things about my projects. 45 Min on site interview after that. They asked many questions about leadership ability, roles on teams, and whatnot. Not a whole lot of technical questions. Lots of situational questions regarding past teams and experiences. More of a "get to know you/your tendencies" type interview.

Interview Questions

• If you met the CEO, what one question would you ask him? -Hard to think up something creative on the spot.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after I submitted my application at a college career fair. My first interview was with the HR person over the phone. My second interview was over the phone with the director of the position I was applying for. My third interview was in person with the collegues of the position. They asked the standard questions about background and skills and gave a lot of time to ask them questioins.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Asked about previous system experience, microsoft skills, plans for the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted their first offer.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

I was submitted to U.S. Bank by a contracting agency. Had one interview with the hiring manager and one future coworker on site at their facility in Richfield. Then received an offer via the contracting agency.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about all of your job experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accepted the rate specified by the contracting agency.

Mainframe Developer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Richfield, MN) in July 2012.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The second step consisted of a standardized logic aptitude test and an evaluation on written communication skills. The third step was an interview with 7 application managers at once. The fourth step was an informational interview with a senior-level staff member. The fifth and final step was an interview with 3 more application managers.

Interview Questions

• You seem like a very humble man. Why do you not tout your achievements in a more "in your face" fashion?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job was entry level mainframe developer training, so the offer was non-negotiable.