U.S. Bank Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward, the interview process took about four days. The interviewer asked questions about previous experiences at other workplaces, and focused on customer service and leadership. After the first interview was complete, the interviewer offered a second interview with the District Manager. The second interview turned out to be less of a formal interview and more of a personality screen to see if I would fit in with the company culture and which branch I would best fit in with. The hiring process took roughly two and a half weeks due to a thorough background check being required.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer issue/problem you've ever had, and how did you resolve that issue?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Managers were very friendly, and asked insightful questions. They Seemed interested in all of my answers and made me feel as though I was part of the team before offering the position.

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online for the position that you are interested in. The hiring manager will contact you if you are a qualified candidate within one or two weeks of submitting your application. There are two interviews, the first is more of an introduction and can be conducted over the phone, and the second interview you meet the team that you would potentially be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in banking?   1 Answer

Branch Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

*Effecient and effective.
    *Timely and reasonable.
    *Decision process was too time consuming and too much back and forth.
    *HR was taking too long in processing background checks and NMLS certifications.
    *No opportunity for clarity on negotiations of salary or clarity of job on boarding questions.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process took approximately a month from the time I applied, got the interview, background check, etc. I can't remember where I found the job posting, but I applied for it through a job search engine. I got a call from the branch to schedule an interview that same week. I went in for the interview, and it took about 30 minutes all the way through. The manager made it clear that customer service is key to a role as a teller. I made sure to use their names at least three times in the interview. Once when I met and shook their hand, casually during my interview (when I could), and when I thanked them for the opportunity as I was leaving. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Online application back ground check proceeded by phone interview for additional screening. About fifteen minutes phone interview, then scheduled to come in for face to face, all within 1 week of original application submitted

Interview Questions

• what challenges in the work place have you faced in the past, and how did you work as a team to overcome   Answer Question

Was looking for full time openings and currently was none

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter then if you passed that you would receive a phone call from the actual branch thats hiring to set up an interview with the manager after that it's up to the branch manager wether he/she wants to move forward with you.

In Store Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

First spoke with a branch manager who went over previous jobs with great customer service, was also looking for a previous sales experience. Was asked to come in for an in person interview where I would bring in examples of how I would start a "book of sales" Still waiting for a final response.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to think outside of the box with your previous employer or school   Answer Question