U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Mercer Island, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, and 2 days later have two with Branch Manager and Assistant Manager (1h and 15 minutes) and then District Manager interview (1 hour). The process took a week only!
U.S. Bank staff is professional and gracious! I called 3 hours after the interview to offer a job!
I declined their offer because another bank is closed to my house. But I would choose them if there is one closer.
It was my first interview ever wit a bank, so I think it's pretty challenging if you don't come prepared. But just be yourself and they will love you!
Their employees love the bank and they seem to have good benefits too!

Interview Questions

• My past experience A LOT
    Challenging project, difficult customer - how to deal with them SPECIFICLY
    Teamwork means to you, diversity environment
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and got a call the next day for my first interview. First interview was with the assistant manager. Got a call back a week later for a second interview. Second interview was with the assistant manager and the manager. Waited another week to be told they were going with someone with more experience.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy. I put in my application Sunday night on Monday the manger called and asked me to come in for an interview. It was first a one on one interview with the branch manager and then I was asked back for a second interview with the teller supervisor. I then got the call two days later that they were offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a unhappy customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Called in for a face to face interview after applying online. Was interviewed by the manager and assistant bank manager. They liked me and asked to work for them but had an interview later that day with the District Manager. Was a cake walk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for a higher Salary when I was called confirming I wanted the job since I was a college graduate with a business degree and needed more money for loans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lewiston, ID).

Interview

Applied online, was called roughly 1 week later for an in-person interview. The interviewers were the Branch Manager and Assistant manager. Both were nice and cheerful. Interview went well, but due to lack of banking experience I was denied the position. I recommend that anyone with customer service experience go for a job like this as it is what banking largely entails at this level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at US Bank?
      What most interests you about banking?
      Name a time when you disagreed or were displeased with a management policy at your last job.
      More behavioral questions... dealing with irate customers, etc.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (West Hollywood, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called into a group interview and they emailed us a few questions to prepare with.
    The interview started late, talking to the other 2 being interviewed, theh had applied weeks ago, so my fast turnaround of 3 days was more so a luck thing and i didnt have to wait. They asked a ton of questions and it felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over these other candidates? (In a group interview)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with two different branches set up, however only went to one as they called me the next day with a job offer. Takes about two weeks to hear back "they said". It took a while before I could start even though I said I was available immediately, and then the first week is always dedicated to computer module training to prepare for teller school, for every new employee

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

It was honestly the best interview I have gone to. It was basically a conversation about myself and about what I can offer to the company. I remember speaking to the Assistant Manager and the Teller Coordinator. They asked me numerous questions about past experiences.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in June 2014.

Interview

Was called about one week after I applied for the position and set up an interview for about a week after that. The interview was fairly simple. It was just me and two interviewers. They asked me just some general questions such as why I was interested in the position, how I heard about it, what relative work experience do I have, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

At the interview that asked me regarding about my work experiences and my backgrounds. Which was plain and simple. At the end of the day this has lead up to a completely disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Questions that puts me on a spot, What has motivated you to excel you past or current role, and Why should we hire you.   1 Answer