U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Teller I Interview Questions

2.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and got a call the next day for my first interview. First interview was with the assistant manager. Got a call back a week later for a second interview. Second interview was with the assistant manager and the manager. Waited another week to be told they were going with someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Mercer Island, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, and 2 days later have two with Branch Manager and Assistant Manager (1h and 15 minutes) and then District Manager interview (1 hour). The process took a week only!
    U.S. Bank staff is professional and gracious! I called 3 hours after the interview to offer a job!
    I declined their offer because another bank is closed to my house. But I would choose them if there is one closer.
    It was my first interview ever wit a bank, so I think it's pretty challenging if you don't come prepared. But just be yourself and they will love you!
    Their employees love the bank and they seem to have good benefits too!

Interview Questions

• My past experience A LOT
      Challenging project, difficult customer - how to deal with them SPECIFICLY
      Teamwork means to you, diversity environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Very easy. I put in my application Sunday night on Monday the manger called and asked me to come in for an interview. It was first a one on one interview with the branch manager and then I was asked back for a second interview with the teller supervisor. I then got the call two days later that they were offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a unhappy customer and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

applied online.. A month latter got an interview at the branch. Had 3 interviews within one week. two with the branch manager and the last one with the assistant district manager. and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• what type of job experience i had. reason for working at a bank. experience on sales. count cash.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I met with the branch manager. We talked for about thirty minutes. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral interview questions with a brief at of questions regarding my work experience. After the end of the interview I received a call that I had been accepted and I needed to be fingerprinted an take a drug test. I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above an beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Called in for a face to face interview after applying online. Was interviewed by the manager and assistant bank manager. They liked me and asked to work for them but had an interview later that day with the District Manager. Was a cake walk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for a higher Salary when I was called confirming I wanted the job since I was a college graduate with a business degree and needed more money for loans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Tigard, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. Filled out an extensive application and cash handling/math test before being contacted. Went through a phone interview and 2 in person with positive response. Never even contacted me or returned my follow up communication to let me know if I got the job after technically 3 interviews. Thought that was a bit surprising, until it happened a second time at another location. Not a good sign of the management.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Several questions regarding your honesty or theoretical situations that evaluate your honesty (I'm sure related to cash handling).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lewiston, ID).

Interview

Applied online, was called roughly 1 week later for an in-person interview. The interviewers were the Branch Manager and Assistant manager. Both were nice and cheerful. Interview went well, but due to lack of banking experience I was denied the position. I recommend that anyone with customer service experience go for a job like this as it is what banking largely entails at this level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at US Bank?
      What most interests you about banking?
      Name a time when you disagreed or were displeased with a management policy at your last job.
      More behavioral questions... dealing with irate customers, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The Interview Process took approximately a month from the time I applied, got the interview, background check, etc. I can't remember where I found the job posting, but I applied for it through a job search engine. I got a call from the branch to schedule an interview that same week. I went in for the interview, and it took about 30 minutes all the way through. The manager made it clear that customer service is key to a role as a teller. I made sure to use their names at least three times in the interview. Once when I met and shook their hand, casually during my interview (when I could), and when I thanked them for the opportunity as I was leaving. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives your friends and family would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with two different branches set up, however only went to one as they called me the next day with a job offer. Takes about two weeks to hear back "they said". It took a while before I could start even though I said I was available immediately, and then the first week is always dedicated to computer module training to prepare for teller school, for every new employee