U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Bank

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2008.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone. It was easy just simple questions like why I was interested in the position and what made me want to work for the company.
Second interview was in person. Asked me a series of questions--went through my resume and asked about specific job experience, asked about any prior sales experience, and asked general questions about cash handling and banking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a bad customer service experience and how you handled it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2007.

Interview

I met a recruiter on my college campus, forwarded her my resume, and was called by a local branch to interview. Within a few days, I interviewed at the branch. The first interview was with the Assistant Branch Manager, who liked me well enough to skip straight to a second interview with the Branch Manager. At closing, they said they would be in contact with me by a set date, which was two weeks away. They indeed called at the set date, offered me a position, and I started training one week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult supervisor you have ever worked with, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Bismarck, ND) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received a call shortly after for an interview. I was told this interview would be with the branch manager, Sales and Service manager, and Lead Teller. I arrived there and it was only with the branch and S&S manager, the interview lasted about 20 minutes and they asked questions like why should they hire me, to name a specific time I had to sell something to someone, and how I approached it. It wasn't intimidating, and it was just like talking about prior jobs with them. They interviewed me Friday morning and said they would call by the following friday, and Monday I received a call with a job offer. The longest process was after being hired having to wait on the background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult time when you had to sell something to someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Turlock, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Wasn't pleased with the way the interview process was handled. I made it through the phone interview where i was asked basics question about my employment history, sales experience, and customer service. It was very straightforward. it even seemed as if the questions were being read off a computer screen and answers were being put in the resembled your answer. The one on one interview was suppose to consist of the Manager and Assistant Manager. When I arrived, I was told that the Manager had left work early. I ended up interviewing with two assistant managers who seemed to be surprised by my arrival. They were unprepared to interview me. Unfortunately they interviewed three people for the job and the first two were hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer that is angry because they've been waiting in line for 15 minutes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

After applying, you are to do a phone interview with a hiring manager from HR. If all goes well, she will recommend you to the branch you applied for where you will than go through an interview with the branch manager. If all goes well, they will take your fingerprints and you may begin working

Interview Questions

• Most difficult situation I ever faced   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

Fast interview with generic questions read from a brochure, met with two managers at the same time. Managers gave the impressiont ehy made a decision before the interview was even started and they had little to ask about my job performance more a behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Boise, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

Typical interview for a teller position. I was asked to sell a pen to the manager. Obviously they expect you to sell credit cards and bank merch. I don't recommend working in a bank unless you love finance and want a dead end job . The End Thank You

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fargo, ND) in April 2018.

Interview

When I got to the branch, I was met by the branch manager and service manager. They were very friendly and conversational. Questions mostly consisted of behavioral and customer service situations.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you displayed leadership in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online about a month later got a phone interview. The phone interview was followed by an interview at the branch with the branch manager. Later that day I heard back form the branch manager, which was followed by a call from the recruiter explaining the next steps

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in the future, why you want to work for US bank   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in August 2018.

Interview

the interview was very easy questions and the people were interviewing were so nice and respectful .i felt so comfortable and relax during the interview they treat me so friendly

Interview Questions

• why do you think this position its good for you ?   1 Answer