U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.4

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Called next day after I applied, interview the next. In the interview the manager and assistant manager were very if not overly friendly, wanting to make sure the place seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied online for a different location. I got an interview at a branch and then at the main office. I was then transfer to another interview to a different branch. they asked the usual questions and I got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was competitive   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call a couple days after for an interview. I came in and there were 2 people asking questions. Didn't hear anything from them after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions like "describe a time you had to get a project done and couldn't finish on time"   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got an interview. Really easy interview, got an offer a few days later. Whole thing took about a week. Interviewed with both the manager and assistant manager. They were both really nice, we got to talk about why she loves US Bank and asked how I could bring value to the team. The manager was also transparent about what she expected your sales to be and asked about my sales experience. After that spoke with the assistant manager about cash handling experience.

Interview Questions

• what are your Strengths, what are your Weaknesses, Why US Bank, Sales experience   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. I only interviewed with one manager. Super stock interview questions, you could look up "job interview questions" on google and have a pretty good idea of what you will get. No room for negotiation on pay.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you have had to resolve conflict with peers or customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Little Rock, AR) in November 2015.

Interview

Sat down with the branch manager and assistant branch manager. Discussed typical job experience, requirements of the job etc. They asked about my life to see how I fit with the other staff and culture. Very laid back and friendly interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience? Please describe your experience.   Answer Question
    • What kind of cash handling experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for US Bank?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. They called up for face to face interview. When you pass that then you have another interview with Branch manager. They will call you when they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process went well. Basic questions such as giving examples of good/bad work experiences, sell me this pen strategy, and role playing an upset customer situation. Management seemed to be uninterested in anything going on other than what was going on with his phone. Interview lasted a little over an hour. After the interview, the manager said they would contact me in the next few weeks and to feel free to call for a follow up a few times weekly. 6 weeks later, after calling once a week inquiring and being told I was a contender and that they think I would be perfect for the position, I get a basic email stating that they went with someone who was "more qualified". (It was for an entry level position and I have management experience as well as cash handling certifications) Neither here nor there. Overall, it seems like a good company to work for based on other reviews I've read. Just very poor communication skills and lack of enthusiasm on managements behalf.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing negative customer experiences
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer/what did you do
      Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wright, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Fort Wright, KY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I applied online and was interviewed and hired on right away. The interview was informal and casual. I met one on one with the branch manager to talk about what my resume covered, my job experience and what my work availability would be.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mainly based on my resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Orange, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with both branch manager and assistant manager inside the bank. They were very friendly people and were objective oriented. The branch consisted of 6 employees: four tellers, one assistant manager, and one branch manager.