U.S. Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2018

2.4

104 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in October 2010.

Interview

Simple, one in person interview. Really depends on management at the time. When I interviewed it was with two really laid back guys and it probably only lasted 15 minutes and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate at all, not sure if it would have worked because I think the salaries are already set for everybody depending on the starting hourly is at the time you're hired.

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Interview

It was one interview with 2 people. They asked me my time frame of when I wanted to start the job and then told me at the end of the interview they weren't actually hiring at that time.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of difficult questions, like different scenarios and personal questions.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Had 2 interviews and they were pretty easy. Had the branch manager ask questions as an assistant observed and wrote down answers. Basic questions were asked and a few on my sales skills asking me to sell them a pen because they wanted to see how I would make a referral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Medina, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after applying, and given a basic phone interview. They asked why I wanted to work for US Bank and what I knew about them. Then, they asked about me & my work experience and set me up with an on-location interview. I feel like the manager who interviewed me was just very socially awkward. She criticized my previous job & the products I worked with, and then told me some stories about her personal life that weren't really warranted based on the conversation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions about my previous position, and STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Portland, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

You had a group interview where they asked you a series of questions. If they liked you they called you back. The group interview was awkward, I like one on one. I did not like the fact I felt like I was competing with someone right there. The managers who I interviewed with were great!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were the ones where they would re word the question and you would have to think of a new answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Teller Interview

Interview

Honesty but not over sharing

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Duluth, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was held in the branch location that was being applied for with an HR official and head of tellers. The follow-up interview was also at the branch location but led by the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was when they said:

"Tell me two times you were satisfied with a purchase and why."   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a straight forward entry position without negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Vista, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

You'll be asked mainly about customer service opportunities that you've had in the past and how you've dealt with each situation. You will also be asked about how well you do in sales.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you dealt with a difficult customer and made the situation better.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Citrus Heights, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

i had my first interview in January of 2013. i was not hired because they hired internally. the manager promised to call me if they had another opening. i was checking for opening almost every day. as soon as i saw an open position for the specific branch, which was in May, i applied, and the manager called me the next day. i knew she remembered me because she pronounced my name correct! thats a big deal. we set up an interview for the next day. and the morning after that she called me and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Hamilton, OH).

Interview

I filled out an application. I was called for an interview and tests. I had another interview, and I was hired. The interviewer was very kind, and I believe she knew that I was very nervous. She made me feel at ease. I was told in the second interview that I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.