U.S. Bank Universal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.3

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Just a basic meeting with the manager and assit. manager. After the 1st interview I had a another one with the branch manager's boss. Got a job off a few days later. Started two weeks after the job offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Universal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online for position. Within a couple of days, branch manager reached out to set up time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes going over generics like what the role included, expectations, how the branch was performing, and about her personal growth with the company.

Within a couple days, I was told it was between another candidate and me. Asked if I could interview with another branch manager, so she could have a second opinion. The second interview lasted about 40 minutes with more in depth questions. Was told they needed time to deliberate and would get back to me the following week after they had chosen a candidate and HR approved the budget.

Overall experience was highly positive. I was applying for a position in another state, and the main branch manager was so accommodating. Very pleasant and professional

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Had 1st interview. It was just the screening process. Manager had asked the tell me about yourself. Then he went into detail about the culture of US Bank , and what they were looking for. Went for a second interview. It was more behavioral questions and a series of questions as to why they should chose me to get the job. The final interview was with the district manager. It took a month process from start to finish!

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you experienced a problem and how did you go about resolving it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Napa, CA).

Interview

Typical questions. The whole process took about two weeks.After interviewing with branch manager I had a phone interview with the district manager. About 3 days later was offered position. Did end up decking as I received a better offer from another bank.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to adapt to change and what helped you adapt   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

1. phone interview with HR then on site interview with branch manager or district manager, HR will give you an insight of the job role and will ask you couple random questions which are so pretty conversational. If HR contacted you for the role, you are mostly likely getting an interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• 1.walk me through your resume.
      2. why do you want to work for US Bank?
      3. role play ( from greeting customer to initiate the service)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

One of their recruiters came to the hiring event. He told me about the bank culture, that we would not be considered a number.
    I need to go to a second interview this week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Paducah, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview and then a one on one interview. Got a call back to see if I was still interested and could come back in to discuss. I declined the job because of the pay they offered.

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, 3 week process..First interview 1 on 1 and second interview by phone..it helped to research company prior..the interview was with the manager and lasted approximately 45 minutes..she asked questions and asked a lot of what would you do scenarios

Interview Questions

• What will your first day consist of after training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Tacoma, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met first with the 2 branch managers. They wanted to get to know me and my personality to see if I would fit well with the branch. They told me about the company and how well the employees are treated by everyone, even upper management. Then I met another day with the Operations Manager. He was very personable and gave me more details about the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I felt comfortable talking to people and if I would feel comfortable cross-selling products.   1 Answer

I only declined moving forward to an interview with the hiring manager because I learned the most of my job would be calling customers for business. I knew I would not enjoy doing this as the main part of my job. If they had a Teller position, I would have definitely accepted it. U.S. Bank sounds like a very great bank to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy actually. I had applied online and went through the general screening process. I was interviewed about four days later. It was a series of questions related to banking and the background that I had in it. Overall I feel the real screening came from wanting to not only be there but also wanting to grasp the culture and values that the company hold.

Interview Questions

• How do i feel about ethical sales and marketing?   1 Answer