U.S. Bank Universal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.3

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Universal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

Applied online for position. Within a couple of days, branch manager reached out to set up time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes going over generics like what the role included, expectations, how the branch was performing, and about her personal growth with the company.

Within a couple days, I was told it was between another candidate and me. Asked if I could interview with another branch manager, so she could have a second opinion. The second interview lasted about 40 minutes with more in depth questions. Was told they needed time to deliberate and would get back to me the following week after they had chosen a candidate and HR approved the budget.

Overall experience was highly positive. I was applying for a position in another state, and the main branch manager was so accommodating. Very pleasant and professional

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Had 1st interview. It was just the screening process. Manager had asked the tell me about yourself. Then he went into detail about the culture of US Bank , and what they were looking for. Went for a second interview. It was more behavioral questions and a series of questions as to why they should chose me to get the job. The final interview was with the district manager. It took a month process from start to finish!

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you experienced a problem and how did you go about resolving it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Napa, CA).

Interview

Typical questions. The whole process took about two weeks.After interviewing with branch manager I had a phone interview with the district manager. About 3 days later was offered position. Did end up decking as I received a better offer from another bank.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to adapt to change and what helped you adapt   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online for the position that you are interested in. The hiring manager will contact you if you are a qualified candidate within one or two weeks of submitting your application. There are two interviews, the first is more of an introduction and can be conducted over the phone, and the second interview you meet the team that you would potentially be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in banking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

2+ Weeks
    One interview with the branch manager. Was asked a series of personality and situational based questions. Also working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. It is going to be important to be yourself. Banking has a lot to do with your personality. You must be able to build rapport with people in a short span of time.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Paducah, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview and then a one on one interview. Got a call back to see if I was still interested and could come back in to discuss. I declined the job because of the pay they offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

One of their recruiters came to the hiring event. He told me about the bank culture, that we would not be considered a number.
    I need to go to a second interview this week.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

I came and met the SSM one on one. She asked me a couple routine questions then I met with the branch manager with a two on one with SSM present.

Interview Questions

• We went over some questions such as strengths and weaknesses and what I know about the company and why I would like to work for them. We also talked about what customer service means to mean.   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, 3 week process..First interview 1 on 1 and second interview by phone..it helped to research company prior..the interview was with the manager and lasted approximately 45 minutes..she asked questions and asked a lot of what would you do scenarios

Interview Questions

• What will your first day consist of after training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Bank (Tacoma, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I met first with the 2 branch managers. They wanted to get to know me and my personality to see if I would fit well with the branch. They told me about the company and how well the employees are treated by everyone, even upper management. Then I met another day with the Operations Manager. He was very personable and gave me more details about the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I felt comfortable talking to people and if I would feel comfortable cross-selling products.   1 Answer

I only declined moving forward to an interview with the hiring manager because I learned the most of my job would be calling customers for business. I knew I would not enjoy doing this as the main part of my job. If they had a Teller position, I would have definitely accepted it. U.S. Bank sounds like a very great bank to work for.