U.S. Cellular Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Nov 22, 2016

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter about a week later. After the initial phone screening, a phone interview was set up for later that day, and then the following day a formal interview was set up for the following week. In total, I spoke with three different people: an internal recruiter, the manager, and the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Have you implemented any benefit programs? Describe a difficult conversation you've had to have with an employee and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

U S Cellular Supply Chain Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for an office position at US Cellular corporate. Consisted of a phone screen with Human Resources, three 30 minute back-to-back phone interviews, and a two hour on-site interview. I drove four hours to my interview and four hours back. Less than a week later I received an automated, canned rejection email. No call, no feedback, just "While your background is impressive, we have elected to move forward with other candidates at this time." I received no response to my request for feedback either. The team was friendly during the interviews but this was highly inconsiderate to the amount of time and effort I put in.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions surrounding my background as listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter to see if I was interested in the position. By the end of the week we had a phone screening. I had in person interviews the following week and was offered a position less than two weeks from initial contact. There was some confusion as I was required to formally complete an online application after the phone screen, which then initiated their automated HireVue online interview process, but I was cleared of this after speaking with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my experience. How do I handle different types of conflict. What programs I am experienced with and how I currently utilize them. Specific questions about types of large, long term projects I have led and the different groups who contributed to them.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It took probably 3 months. Many phone interviews, 3 hours onsite with three different people, had to take a day off of work. I never heard from them again, even after I asked about the progress. Very rude.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, nothing too hard. Do you need a Powerpoint to present?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through the company website and a lady recruiter contacted me showing "VERY much interest" in interviewing me. But she wanted me to answer 5 questions through an email before setting up my interview with the hiring managers. One of the questions was about the salary range expected, to which I gave a range of expectation and clearly stated that despite stating my expectation, I am very open for negotiation. However, they only focused on the expected salary range that I quoted and the fact that they were not offering salary for this position in that quoted range. Based on this, they denied giving me an interview opportunity so that the "negotiation" which I was very open to do could ever happen.
    To make it worse, they also later sent me a "candidate experience survey" to know how my interviewing experience with them went.
    Which interviewing experience? I never got one – I paid for my honesty in answering their questions.
    RIDICULOUS.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people... I can understand the first two. The first person was the Manager of the Purchasing department and the second person was the supervisor of that department, but the third person was not even a part of that department/team. He didn't have an idea what the day to day functions were for the purchasing department. I never received a phone call or e-mail regarding feedback, I assumed I didn't get the position because I never received follow up. After checking the "application status" tool on the employers website, it is still listed as "contact for the initial interview" which was listed before the actual in person interview. Employer should send feedback to all who have interviewed for an actual position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions... how would you handle this situation? It seemed like all three asked the same set of behavioral questions back to back.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I found the job on one of the job boards and applied online. The same day that I applied I received a notification email that I was selected to move to the first step. The first step was a video interview, which I received a link for the next day. I didn't hear anything for six weeks. However, at the six week mark I was told that I would move on to the second round, which was a phone interview. After the phone interview two days later, I didn't hear anything for a week, then I got an in person interview and two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Targeted interview in STAR format.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They emailed me that they were interested in talking with me. I passed an initial phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview a week or so after. I was offered the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult. Very run of the mill. Most difficult were questions about how you thought your personal in-class experience could relate to your work as an intern.   1 Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Not very difficult. They're more interested in your personality to ensure you're a good fit with others. It took about a total of two weeks. Phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews. They interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you face such and such hardship in a group setting. How did you react? What was the out come?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked with them at a career fair. Emailed the recruiter after the fair. Schedule a phone interview two weeks later. Asked behavioral questions during the phone interview.