U.S. Cellular Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.1

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sr. Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 steps involved with the interview process. The first one was with HR, second one with hiring manager followed by a technical interview. They were all scheduled on separate days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Went over resume and asked about salary expectation.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was mostly about call flows related to 4G LTE and troubleshooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Public Affairs and Media Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview started off with a call from their HR team. I was highly disappointed after speaking with their HR team and really hoped it was an outside recruiting company. I later found out they were with the company. He kept pressing me to know how much money I wanted to make, what my last salary was, and the exact number of months I worked at my past jobs. He also asked me about bonuses at my last position and then told me "Oh wait...you probably weren't there long enough to get one..." (I was laid off...believe me, I wish I was still there.) After that phone interview I was very put off, but he scheduled a time for me on the spot to interview with the director. I was hoping this call went better.

A few days later I had a phone interview with the director. She told me about the company and explained a little more of the position. She wanted to hear my background, and didn't ask very many questions. It was great to learn more about the company and the team I would have been working with. It worried me when she kept talking about how remote their locations were and kept stressing this, though. I was told I would hear back in 3+ weeks for an in-person if they decided to move forward.

Two days after this interview, I left for a vacation out of the country, not worried because I was told it would take multiple weeks for them to schedule the next interview if they chose to move forward. While I was on vacation, I was checking my email sporadically, but it was hard because Wifi was rare. One day, I got multiple emails from them scheduling an in-person interview for me and telling me they needed me to respond. All those emails came in the same day...

When I responded and told them I was out of the country, I was able to schedule an interview for the next week. When I got back home to the USA I also received the 3 voicemails she left telling me she needed confirmation on the interview. Those three voicemails and three emails all came on the same day and that seemed a little intense to me.

For my in-person interview, it was FOUR HOURS. The email said "each interview will be 15 minutes unless otherwise noted below". The only 15 minute portion was meeting with the HR guy before the interviews actually started. The rest were an hour each. I had a meeting with both managers and the director. I kept stressing that I was looking for a company to grow with and continue to learn and challenge myself. Every time I said I wanted to grow, they got a panicked look and I was flat out told "Uh yeah..there's no way to grow here. After your position would be the manager and then the director. The manager has been here for 13 years and the director has been here for 9, so unless they leave, you don't have any options." As soon as I was told that, I decided that was not the job for me. Both managers that I interviewed with and the director were extremely nice and very welcoming, but the fact that there is no room for growth at all was a concern. Also, they use pre-printed sheets of questions and need to jot down a problem you encountered, what you did, and the outcome. It's awkward for everyone because they're just reading questions off a sheet.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter about a week later. After the initial phone screening, a phone interview was set up for later that day, and then the following day a formal interview was set up for the following week. In total, I spoke with three different people: an internal recruiter, the manager, and the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Have you implemented any benefit programs? Describe a difficult conversation you've had to have with an employee and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

U S Cellular Supply Chain Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for an office position at US Cellular corporate. Consisted of a phone screen with Human Resources, three 30 minute back-to-back phone interviews, and a two hour on-site interview. I drove four hours to my interview and four hours back. Less than a week later I received an automated, canned rejection email. No call, no feedback, just "While your background is impressive, we have elected to move forward with other candidates at this time." I received no response to my request for feedback either. The team was friendly during the interviews but this was highly inconsiderate to the amount of time and effort I put in.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions surrounding my background as listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter to see if I was interested in the position. By the end of the week we had a phone screening. I had in person interviews the following week and was offered a position less than two weeks from initial contact. There was some confusion as I was required to formally complete an online application after the phone screen, which then initiated their automated HireVue online interview process, but I was cleared of this after speaking with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my experience. How do I handle different types of conflict. What programs I am experienced with and how I currently utilize them. Specific questions about types of large, long term projects I have led and the different groups who contributed to them.   Answer Question

Business Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Bensenville, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interview for the intern position. A 30-minute telephonic interview with the hiring manager.
    1-hour onsite interview with the manager and senior manager. Both interviews went deep into the work experience and situational decisions.

Interview Questions

• In case of providing a bad news to the client, how would you phrase it or present it?   Answer Question

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Computer aptitude test. Diploma needed. Face to face interview within 2 days of passing aptitude test. You will also be required to take a drug test within 48 hrs of receipt of paper work for it.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle constant calls, complaints and how do you handle them.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It took probably 3 months. Many phone interviews, 3 hours onsite with three different people, had to take a day off of work. I never heard from them again, even after I asked about the progress. Very rude.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, nothing too hard. Do you need a Powerpoint to present?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

My Interview was with three different managers that are meant to identify personality strengths as well as ability to follow instructions and focus. The questions were situational and didn't really have a right or wrong answer but instead you are rated on how you answer. I believe it helps eliminate people who avoid tough questions and highlights people who can answer honestly and under pressure.

Interview Questions

• They were random questions provided to each interviewer that follow a S.T.A.R format (Situation, Task, Approach & Result)   Answer Question

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

You have to complete an online profile and upload your resume to apply for a job within the company. Next step is you fill out a mini assessment giving info on scenarios you've experienced in a technical or interpersonal work experience that relates to the job. After that you go through a phone interview answering questions about various technical scenarios and terms like DHCP, DNS, etc. Once that is completed you go in for an in person interview with the managers (3). Each manager meets with you for about an hour asking behavioral interview questions.