U.S. Cellular Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next day for a phone screening. During the phone screening they asked general questions that you can expect with about any call center/customer service position; i.e., “describe a time you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer”. They go over the position, tell you the starting pay (it is $12.63 an hour regardless of experience, $0.75 shift differential for shifts after 5 p.m.). They advised that training would be 6 months.

I had an in-person interview within a few days. They use the STAR interview method (you can find examples online). I’m very familiar with this method, and it’s not difficult, but honestly I wasn’t feeling very well during the interview, I had considered rescheduling because I was having flu-like symptoms, but was afraid that it would blow my shot at getting hired. Nothing too difficult, I would have just preferred to have not been sick during the interview; the guy was very nice, he asked: “describe a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation and what was the outcome”, “tell me about a time that you had to overcome a customers objections in order to keep their business”, basically the same questions anyone who has interviewed for a CSR position has already answered.

I’m not sure if the outcome as of yet because this interview was recent, I just wanted to post while my memory was fresh. I was told I would hear back within 5-7 business days wether I was chosen or not. If I get an offer, I will definitely be accepting it.

I hope this helps some of you who are in the process of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave a coworker feedback and what was the result   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to adjust to a negative change in your work routine   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview- don't reschedule it or they wont hire you!
    I haven't had my in person interview, so I don't know how the process is. But im sure it will go great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was complicated. The interview got rescheduled twice. Finally got it scheduled and completed. The manager wasn't acting very interested in the interview. It seemed like she had on duties she was trying to get back too.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Marion, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online, take online assessments. Initial phone interview and then a face interview. Both the phone and face interviews were friendly and professional. The background interview took 2 days. After I was hired and before my start date, they called me to make sure I had everything I needed to begin work next week (the day before Thanksgiving). I thought this was very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose US Cellular?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a typical one, the interviewer was very nice.The interviewer asked questions relevant to the job. He was interested in my thoughts and questions. He took notes in his computer and made me feel at ease through the whole process. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer was a tad late due to a meeting, but that was understandable.

Interview Questions

I was unable to work the offered hours.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Was easy ask question that was off the computer,they tell you about the position before they starting asking questions and that they start asking question that they pull off the computer

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Tulsa, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

They are VERY thorough in their hiring process. I interviewed in November 2015 and started in late March 2016. In the interim, I had to take a lesser paying job and constantly check up on my application. I did a phone interview with one recruiter, my in person interview with another recruiter, and got my schedule and start date from yet another recruiter. The process takes a long time which means that you will be waiting and might want to get temporary job in the interim if you are not working at the time that you interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone and personal interview were alarmingly brief and very comfortable and easy. The personal interview included a short tour of the very attractive facility and face to face meetings with several customers, as well as a short job shadowing session.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I had to do 2 computer tests. One had fake customers and situations and you had to choose what you would do based on the situation. The other was a personality test asking the questions with answers on the 5 point scale (strongly agree, disagree, ect). Then after passing those, I did an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was upset at a previous job, how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Loved the work environment and the people. Questions were relevant to the job. Experience is needed in the field. Questions were very customer oriented as they take pride in their customer service and the quality of care provided to the customers.

Location