U.S. Cellular Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Cellular

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview- don't reschedule it or they wont hire you!
I haven't had my in person interview, so I don't know how the process is. But im sure it will go great

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was complicated. The interview got rescheduled twice. Finally got it scheduled and completed. The manager wasn't acting very interested in the interview. It seemed like she had on duties she was trying to get back too.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our company   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next day for a phone screening. During the phone screening they asked general questions that you can expect with about any call center/customer service position; i.e., “describe a time you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer”. They go over the position, tell you the starting pay (it is $12.63 an hour regardless of experience, $0.75 shift differential for shifts after 5 p.m.). They advised that training would be 6 months.

I had an in-person interview within a few days. They use the STAR interview method (you can find examples online). I’m very familiar with this method, and it’s not difficult, but honestly I wasn’t feeling very well during the interview, I had considered rescheduling because I was having flu-like symptoms, but was afraid that it would blow my shot at getting hired. Nothing too difficult, I would have just preferred to have not been sick during the interview; the guy was very nice, he asked: “describe a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation and what was the outcome”, “tell me about a time that you had to overcome a customers objections in order to keep their business”, basically the same questions anyone who has interviewed for a CSR position has already answered.

I’m not sure if the outcome as of yet because this interview was recent, I just wanted to post while my memory was fresh. I was told I would hear back within 5-7 business days wether I was chosen or not. If I get an offer, I will definitely be accepting it.

I hope this helps some of you who are in the process of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave a coworker feedback and what was the result   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to adjust to a negative change in your work routine   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Tulsa, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

They are VERY thorough in their hiring process. I interviewed in November 2015 and started in late March 2016. In the interim, I had to take a lesser paying job and constantly check up on my application. I did a phone interview with one recruiter, my in person interview with another recruiter, and got my schedule and start date from yet another recruiter. The process takes a long time which means that you will be waiting and might want to get temporary job in the interim if you are not working at the time that you interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Marion, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very fast-paced, professional interview. The interview process is not too nerve-wracking but still straightforward with what the company is about and what kind of person is necessary. You work with the same person and not multiple people which helps understand where the process is and helps with easing the process of checking in.

Interview Questions

• Can you adhere to strict attendance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Marion, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online, take online assessments. Initial phone interview and then a face interview. Both the phone and face interviews were friendly and professional. The background interview took 2 days. After I was hired and before my start date, they called me to make sure I had everything I needed to begin work next week (the day before Thanksgiving). I thought this was very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose US Cellular?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone and personal interview were alarmingly brief and very comfortable and easy. The personal interview included a short tour of the very attractive facility and face to face meetings with several customers, as well as a short job shadowing session.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied and got a call back in less than 2 weeks to have a phone interview with the recruiter. After the call she sent me an assessment test. I completed it that night and let her know the next morning. She asked if I could come in the next day and I agreed. I went in on a Thursday and was sent the offer letter on Friday! She called before sending and I accepted! So exciting!!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Very relaxed I got the job the same day, I dressed business casual. I Had an interview with the regional manager over the phone and then again in person a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

I applied online through Indeed 12/16/17. Received a phone screen 12/19. I got an email invite to complete a video interview 12/21. On 1/2/18 I received an email to take an online assessment. 1/3, I was called to come in dor a face to face interview for 1/8. On 1/9, received a call offering me the position and was sent an offer letter and background check/drug test instructions. I completed these on 1/10 and await my first day in February! The recruiters and managers I spoke with were amazing and all genuinely seemed to have my back through the hiring process. I have worked in numerous call centers for large companies and this one definitely impressed me with the culture and continuing to be a Dynamic Organization. I am very excited to begin a lengthy career here!!!

Interview Questions

• Standard call center CSR related questions.   1 Answer