U.S. Cellular Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was complicated. The interview got rescheduled twice. Finally got it scheduled and completed. The manager wasn't acting very interested in the interview. It seemed like she had on duties she was trying to get back too.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Marion, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online, take online assessments. Initial phone interview and then a face interview. Both the phone and face interviews were friendly and professional. The background interview took 2 days. After I was hired and before my start date, they called me to make sure I had everything I needed to begin work next week (the day before Thanksgiving). I thought this was very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose US Cellular?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a typical one, the interviewer was very nice.The interviewer asked questions relevant to the job. He was interested in my thoughts and questions. He took notes in his computer and made me feel at ease through the whole process. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer was a tad late due to a meeting, but that was understandable.

Interview Questions

I was unable to work the offered hours.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Was easy ask question that was off the computer,they tell you about the position before they starting asking questions and that they start asking question that they pull off the computer

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Tulsa, OK) in December 2015.

Interview

They are VERY thorough in their hiring process. I interviewed in November 2015 and started in late March 2016. In the interim, I had to take a lesser paying job and constantly check up on my application. I did a phone interview with one recruiter, my in person interview with another recruiter, and got my schedule and start date from yet another recruiter. The process takes a long time which means that you will be waiting and might want to get temporary job in the interim if you are not working at the time that you interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone and personal interview were alarmingly brief and very comfortable and easy. The personal interview included a short tour of the very attractive facility and face to face meetings with several customers, as well as a short job shadowing session.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I had to do 2 computer tests. One had fake customers and situations and you had to choose what you would do based on the situation. The other was a personality test asking the questions with answers on the 5 point scale (strongly agree, disagree, ect). Then after passing those, I did an interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where a customer was upset at a previous job, how did you deal with it?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Loved the work environment and the people. Questions were relevant to the job. Experience is needed in the field. Questions were very customer oriented as they take pride in their customer service and the quality of care provided to the customers.

Location

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

I went on a career fair day. The process was very smooth and relaxed, yet professional at the same time.Typical interview questions. You'll sit in the lobby at first, then they will bring you into a meeting type room where you'll have a one on one interview. Afterwards, if hired, you will meet with something else to do a tour of the building. Then you will sit down and finish final paperwork for your background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an irate customer, and list the steps that you took to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Marion, IA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very fast-paced, professional interview. The interview process is not too nerve-wracking but still straightforward with what the company is about and what kind of person is necessary. You work with the same person and not multiple people which helps understand where the process is and helps with easing the process of checking in.

Interview Questions

• Can you adhere to strict attendance?   1 Answer