U.S. Cellular Greeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Greeter Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in April 2017.

Interview

Asked if a had any questions about job and why I chose to apply at US Cellular, technical background, certain situations that occored at other places of employment. Asked a few broad questions, explained US Cellulars position in marketplace

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for employment with US Cellular...   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Cellular

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Nashua, NH) in January 2010.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was asked to list a time to receive a telephone interview for the next week. I was on the phone for about an hour, answering very generic, customer service related questions. The interview felt very cold and standard, and I didn't feel like I was able to really touch upon my strengths and past experiences. It was more about how I would handle some vague, potential experience, which I always find ridiculous, because you can never tell how you'll handle something until it happens.

I was then asked to take a personality test which was borderline offensive. There were several questions on this test that felt like a psychological evaluation to determine if I was depressed or bipolar. I felt uncomfortable answering these questions, and I'm unsure if these questions were legal to ask. I'm under the impression that discrimination based on disabilities is against the law, and depression and other mental disorders are considered disabilities.

I then had to fill out all sorts of online consent forms, complete with a seven year work and residence history. The amount of background checks they were doing for a simple greeting position baffled me.

Four hours later, I was finally done with the interviews and online nonsense, only to be passed for the next step. I was not impressed by the lack of respect for my personal time. Being expected to waste hours on their evaluations and paperwork, only to be denied a real shot at a face to face interview was very rude and inconsiderate. I'm appauled by the lack of value they put on the time I could've spent applying to other companies. I think it's a shame that corporations are using such impersonal, inaccurate procedures to determine who will thrive at a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel hopeless?   1 Answer
    • Do your moods change frequently throughout the day?   1 Answer