U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2018

2.9

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

It was several interviews. I believe it was 2. They were with one required and 2-3 different people each time. The interview went well. I was asked to fill out hr work and they shook my hand and congratulated me.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Asheville, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and was called to setup a phone interview.. why she didn’t just go ahead and do the phone interview is beyond me...
    the same person who called to setup the interview, called to conduct the interview...
    I want to add that the call came in from a California number, from someone who clearly has no idea how things work over here in North Carolina.
    The entire interview she ate, rattling Paper and chewing so I felt uncomfortable talking over all the noise. It was completely unprofessional. The only reason I didn’t get angry and tell her to forget it is because this was the highest paying position with commission available in my area. I wanted this position more than any of the others I had applied for.
    After the interview she told me that she would pass my answers along to the local store and they’d contact me back for a 1:1 interview.
    I received an email several days later saying they had chosen other candidates.

Interview Questions

• I guess the only question you need to prepare for is can you answer questions while I clearly don’t listen to you, while eating my subway and rattling the wrapper.   1 Answer

RWC Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Apply, then you have a video interview essentially talking to yourself, wait for a phone call to set up an in person interview, and then wait for the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe someone else who you have worked with that does your job better than you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR to set up a phone interview the following week. After phone interview got called in for a face to face interview with sales manager. After that interview I got called in for an interview with the store manager. A week later I got called with the job offer. Took about 3 weeks overall. After you verbally accept offer you have to fill out information from a 3rd party for a background check and take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part about your last job? least favorite?   Answer Question

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in April 2018.

Interview

Had phone screening on Tuesday. Interview today. I had some background talk. He did not know if i would be able to get job. Waiting to hear from HR, I have a bad check charge

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

Done a phone interview, completed online assessment, then face to face interview. Was asked what I expected pay rate, and received what I requested. I am still waiting on the background check. I had to list all of my employers within the past 7 years. Weird since I thought they typically used previous addresses to verify background.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

- 30 minute call with recruiter to ensure fit - Although I am not sure the recruiter understood the job in the least bit
    - 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager
    - 4 Hour on site interview (4 interviews: 1 cross functional manager, 2 people from the team, and 1 with the hiring manager)

This was the most confusing process I had ever been through. The HR recruiter did not understand the role. I was told during my onsite interviews that the role I was applying for wasn't really the role posted - uh okay?

My cross functional on site interview and the hiring manager interviews were the most intense. US-Celluar has a very specific way they interview. They give the managers a book of predetermined questions to ask and they want you to answer in a ver specific way. HR will send you a link to their their approach before the interview. You should read this and take it seriously.

Overall the in person interviews scared me about the future at US Cellular. One of the interviews primarily highlighted all the downsides of working at US Cellular which I was surprised by. The interviewer just talked and talk about all the bad aspects of the team and job. This person was also very honest about the bad position US Cellular is in within the market. I was not asked a single question during this time but was instead told how much I would love the role and how much they needed me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a team to deliver a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a coworker who didn't deliver on a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time....
      Give me a specific example of... etc etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Tulsa, OK) in February 2018.

Interview

I came into the store for a meeting at noon, then sat down with the store manager and sales manager and it was a fairly basic interview. You can tell that they try to feel you out on your personality vs what your experience is.

Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Mason City, IA) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview process was easy, yet lengthy. Applied online, and about a week later I was sent the link to do a video interview. After that was completed it was about another week before an in store interview was able to be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult experience with a client and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

I applied online through Indeed 12/16/17. Received a phone screen 12/19. I got an email invite to complete a video interview 12/21. On 1/2/18 I received an email to take an online assessment. 1/3, I was called to come in dor a face to face interview for 1/8. On 1/9, received a call offering me the position and was sent an offer letter and background check/drug test instructions. I completed these on 1/10 and await my first day in February! The recruiters and managers I spoke with were amazing and all genuinely seemed to have my back through the hiring process. I have worked in numerous call centers for large companies and this one definitely impressed me with the culture and continuing to be a Dynamic Organization. I am very excited to begin a lengthy career here!!!

Interview Questions

• Standard call center CSR related questions.   1 Answer