U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online through GlassDoor. Got a phone screen with the hiring manager a few weeks later, then a phone interview the week after that. Was very relaxed and easy to talk to.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next day for a phone screening. During the phone screening they asked general questions that you can expect with about any call center/customer service position; i.e., “describe a time you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer”. They go over the position, tell you the starting pay (it is $12.63 an hour regardless of experience, $0.75 shift differential for shifts after 5 p.m.). They advised that training would be 6 months.

I had an in-person interview within a few days. They use the STAR interview method (you can find examples online). I’m very familiar with this method, and it’s not difficult, but honestly I wasn’t feeling very well during the interview, I had considered rescheduling because I was having flu-like symptoms, but was afraid that it would blow my shot at getting hired. Nothing too difficult, I would have just preferred to have not been sick during the interview; the guy was very nice, he asked: “describe a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation and what was the outcome”, “tell me about a time that you had to overcome a customers objections in order to keep their business”, basically the same questions anyone who has interviewed for a CSR position has already answered.

I’m not sure if the outcome as of yet because this interview was recent, I just wanted to post while my memory was fresh. I was told I would hear back within 5-7 business days wether I was chosen or not. If I get an offer, I will definitely be accepting it.

I hope this helps some of you who are in the process of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave a coworker feedback and what was the result   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to adjust to a negative change in your work routine   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

***UPDATE***
    I got the job! I previously posted a review and there is no way to edit it, so I decided to copy/paste it and come back and update it with the correct information, I was a little off on my dates as well.

I applied online on 10/28. On 10/31 I was contacted by phone to be scheduled for a phone screening for 11/6 with a lady from a corporate office in Georgia. During the phone screening she asked general questions that you can expect with about any call center/customer service position; i.e., “describe a time you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer”, “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”. She went over the position in detail, and advised that the starting pay (it is $12.63 an hour regardless of experience, at this site anyway, and there is a $0.75 shift differential for shifts after 5 p.m.). she also advised me that training would be 6 weeks long and that attendance was 100% mandatory. I was then told that if chosen to go on to the next step that I would hear from someone within the next 7-10 days. Less than 10 minutes later I received a call from a recruiter offering me an in-person interview. The interview was 2 days later, 11/8.

They use the STAR interview method (you can find examples online). I’m very familiar with this method, and it’s not difficult, but honestly, I wasn’t feeling very well during the interview— I had considered rescheduling because I was having flu-like symptoms, but was afraid that it would blow my shot at getting hired, so I soldered on. Nothing too difficult, I would have just preferred to have not been sick during the interview; the guy was very nice, he asked: “describe a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation and what was the outcome”, “tell me about a time that you had to overcome a customers objections in order to keep their business”, basically the same questions anyone who has interviewed for a CSR position has already answered.

I got an email the very next day advising that I was being offered the position contingently, and that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the next step.

I do know that they do a background check and drug screen, so I’m assuming these are the next steps. I’m very excited and thankful to be starting a career with U.S. Cellular.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Resume>video interview>>>actual interview
    Whole process takes around 2 weeks. First received an email telling me to do a video interview. Video interview had 1 question with unlimited time 4 with short time limit. Interview is a pared down psyche evaluation. 2 managers firing ofquestionsf

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a CO worker and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a few weeks later. HR generally phone interview, than an interview with the area sales manager, then store manager. Offered job a few days later . Overall short smooth process

Senior RF Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

First the recruiter will contact you for an phone interview with hiring manager, I had a 30 minutes phone screening, not much technical question but more about work history. If you pass that, you will get Skype or on-site(final) interview. I had 4 people interviewing me on Skype, from Sr. engineer to VP, 1 hour each. Most questions during the final interview are behavioral questions, and questions about your background. Those behavior questions are leadership or complicated situation handling questions, not entry level questions. They informed me the result 1 week after final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you have different opinion with your colleague, did you end up persuade then or you were persuaded?   Answer Question
    • They will want your "negative" stories:
      What was your biggest mistake?
      Describe a failure you had at work.
      Didn't meet deadline.. don't feel pressured.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granville, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Granville, WV) in August 2017.

Interview

Situational questions.

Kind of a joke... I was told right before the interview started the full-time position was already filled. Then never got a reply back from the part-time position until almost 4 weeks later. It's really a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to persuade some one to buy a service or product?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview- don't reschedule it or they wont hire you!
    I haven't had my in person interview, so I don't know how the process is. But im sure it will go great

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied online from an email I received from an employee referral. The process was simple enough. My first interview was at the store location with 2 of the Sales Managers. Both we very friendly, and the interview was conversational with some of the typical questions. Seemed to me like most of the questions leaned more in the direction of personality, eagerness to learn, and morality. Customer focus was a very key note in the questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give and example of a situation where you had to give a customer bad news, and they didn't take it well. How did you resolve the issue? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Sr. Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 steps involved with the interview process. The first one was with HR, second one with hiring manager followed by a technical interview. They were all scheduled on separate days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Went over resume and asked about salary expectation.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was mostly about call flows related to 4G LTE and troubleshooting scenarios.   Answer Question