U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2018

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and I got a call from some engineer manager, he asked very superficial questions, it seems like their interview process is discriminatory and they can reject you simply if they don't like your accent..

Inventory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Presque Isle, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Presque Isle, ME) in January 2013.

Interview

Lengthy process to get hired multiple phone calls from the recruiting office job verification company very hard to deal with once you get your dates correct with the application

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with three managers in three separate same day interviews. One was the hiring manager, one was a peer of the hiring manager, the other was the hiring manager's leader.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Tell us about your background, Tell us about a time you had a challenge and had to overcome it.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I found the job on one of the job boards and applied online. The same day that I applied I received a notification email that I was selected to move to the first step. The first step was a video interview, which I received a link for the next day. I didn't hear anything for six weeks. However, at the six week mark I was told that I would move on to the second round, which was a phone interview. After the phone interview two days later, I didn't hear anything for a week, then I got an in person interview and two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Targeted interview in STAR format.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

easy, friendly, was made to feel very comfortable. it was more of a discussion than an interview. The first interview was over the phone and then next one was in person.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

There is a telephonic round which involves generic personal questions and the next round is a technical round where they ask about the basics of cellular technology and other general technical questions.Nothing out of the blue

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, flat hourly wage offered

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2016.

Interview

I have applied online. I have got the call from HR manager and we had gone for about an hour interview. At the end of the conversation she said she will be forwarding my resume to the department managers and they will contact you.

Interview Questions

• Why U.S. Cellular
      Asked questions regarding the activities I do on campus   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They emailed me that they were interested in talking with me. I passed an initial phone interview and then scheduled an in-person interview a week or so after. I was offered the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult. Very run of the mill. Most difficult were questions about how you thought your personal in-class experience could relate to your work as an intern.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online through GlassDoor. Got a phone screen with the hiring manager a few weeks later, then a phone interview the week after that. Was very relaxed and easy to talk to.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

My Interview was with three different managers that are meant to identify personality strengths as well as ability to follow instructions and focus. The questions were situational and didn't really have a right or wrong answer but instead you are rated on how you answer. I believe it helps eliminate people who avoid tough questions and highlights people who can answer honestly and under pressure.

Interview Questions

• They were random questions provided to each interviewer that follow a S.T.A.R format (Situation, Task, Approach & Result)   Answer Question