U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Interviews at U.S. Cellular

2.9

Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

First, got a 10 minute phone call to set up a time for the interview with manager. The 10 min call, they gave me overview of the internship.
    The call with the manager was surprisingly easy going. Asked about things I do in school like engineering activities, projects, why US cellular

Inbound Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Marion, IA) in February 2020.

Interview

Unprofessional. Secretary in lobby was gossiping about the manger pawing at her..interviewer looked drunk/on drugs, equipment for interview was outdated/didn't function well, facility in serious disrepair, interview room literally had crumbling stained ceiling panels falling in, interviewer was rude, whole thing looked like a dying animal..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were really unhappy in your job and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Wilmington, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. It's all about the personality response questions. The "STAR" method. I was not interested after I heard you have to cold call customers to make sales.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for U.S CELLULAR?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

For this position it was a series of a few phone calls with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. It was all very quick and easy and helpful in the process!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2019.

Interview

Applied through indeed. Got a call, did a phone interview. Was asked to do a video interview were you record yourself answering questions. I got called back to do a shadow for an hour with an associate and then had about a 30 min interview with 3 people. I believe they were 2 supervisors and 1 manager. I got called back the next day and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be good at the position? What did I do in last position? What are my pet peeves and how would I handle a coworker who had those negative qualities. What did I think of the shadowing time I had.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Phone interview that was quite thorough. This was followed by an in person interview, standard questions asked especially related to customer service, angry customers, et cetera. Also includes testing. Drug test also required before hiring.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to an irate customer   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

Telephone interview with a HR recruiter first, followed by a technical interview with a peer in the team by telephone. If passed, the final step would be a fly-in face-to-face interview with responsible VP.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Very relaxed I got the job the same day, I dressed business casual. I Had an interview with the regional manager over the phone and then again in person a week later.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Bensenville, IL).

Interview

The interview consisted of talking to 3 different managers who were more interested in whether you talked "nicely" rather than if you had the technical skills to produce high quality software.

Interview Questions

• Somebody disagrees with you about an approach to a problem. How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Scheduling the interview was a mess. I took time off work to come in for an in person interview that they cancelled via email less than 24 hours ahead of time. The reason? The job requires commuting to another office twenty miles further away a few days a week, and this is impossible for me.

This extra commute came to light during a phone interview with HR four days before my scheduled in person interview. These are the kinds of details that really should be in the job description. They weren’t. I would have still had the in person interview if I hadn’t asked HR about hours and any associated overtime with the position.

I am shocked at their lack of professionalism. Then again, maybe I shouldn’t be, since US Cellular doesn’t have anywhere near the market share it did even a few years ago.