U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

U.S. Cellular Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

262 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied online from an email I received from an employee referral. The process was simple enough. My first interview was at the store location with 2 of the Sales Managers. Both we very friendly, and the interview was conversational with some of the typical questions. Seemed to me like most of the questions leaned more in the direction of personality, eagerness to learn, and morality. Customer focus was a very key note in the questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give and example of a situation where you had to give a customer bad news, and they didn't take it well. How did you resolve the issue? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Sr. Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 steps involved with the interview process. The first one was with HR, second one with hiring manager followed by a technical interview. They were all scheduled on separate days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Went over resume and asked about salary expectation.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was mostly about call flows related to 4G LTE and troubleshooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Initial contact was by email from the taken acquisition. First interview was montage a new video interview process. It has a serious of questions you video record your responses, some give u only 30 seconds to answer which is stressful. I was contacted about a second in store interview in which I was interviewed by 3 managers also stressful.

Interview Questions

• why do i want to leave my current job?   Answer Question
    • describe in detail how to handle a upset customer based on an actual experience   Answer Question

Public Affairs and Media Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview started off with a call from their HR team. I was highly disappointed after speaking with their HR team and really hoped it was an outside recruiting company. I later found out they were with the company. He kept pressing me to know how much money I wanted to make, what my last salary was, and the exact number of months I worked at my past jobs. He also asked me about bonuses at my last position and then told me "Oh wait...you probably weren't there long enough to get one..." (I was laid off...believe me, I wish I was still there.) After that phone interview I was very put off, but he scheduled a time for me on the spot to interview with the director. I was hoping this call went better.

A few days later I had a phone interview with the director. She told me about the company and explained a little more of the position. She wanted to hear my background, and didn't ask very many questions. It was great to learn more about the company and the team I would have been working with. It worried me when she kept talking about how remote their locations were and kept stressing this, though. I was told I would hear back in 3+ weeks for an in-person if they decided to move forward.

Two days after this interview, I left for a vacation out of the country, not worried because I was told it would take multiple weeks for them to schedule the next interview if they chose to move forward. While I was on vacation, I was checking my email sporadically, but it was hard because Wifi was rare. One day, I got multiple emails from them scheduling an in-person interview for me and telling me they needed me to respond. All those emails came in the same day...

When I responded and told them I was out of the country, I was able to schedule an interview for the next week. When I got back home to the USA I also received the 3 voicemails she left telling me she needed confirmation on the interview. Those three voicemails and three emails all came on the same day and that seemed a little intense to me.

For my in-person interview, it was FOUR HOURS. The email said "each interview will be 15 minutes unless otherwise noted below". The only 15 minute portion was meeting with the HR guy before the interviews actually started. The rest were an hour each. I had a meeting with both managers and the director. I kept stressing that I was looking for a company to grow with and continue to learn and challenge myself. Every time I said I wanted to grow, they got a panicked look and I was flat out told "Uh yeah..there's no way to grow here. After your position would be the manager and then the director. The manager has been here for 13 years and the director has been here for 9, so unless they leave, you don't have any options." As soon as I was told that, I decided that was not the job for me. Both managers that I interviewed with and the director were extremely nice and very welcoming, but the fact that there is no room for growth at all was a concern. Also, they use pre-printed sheets of questions and need to jot down a problem you encountered, what you did, and the outcome. It's awkward for everyone because they're just reading questions off a sheet.

Intern Interview

Interview

easy, friendly, was made to feel very comfortable. it was more of a discussion than an interview. The first interview was over the phone and then next one was in person.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

The interview is a Sales Leader Behavior Fit PBI. This process is approximately 60 minutes long and requires you to tell a story based answer on the events that took place, your action(s) to solve/resolve the event, and then the result/final outcome (including if the associate/customer left happy).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to achieve sustainable results in a short amount of time to be successful.   Answer Question

Greeter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in April 2017.

Interview

Asked if a had any questions about job and why I chose to apply at US Cellular, technical background, certain situations that occored at other places of employment. Asked a few broad questions, explained US Cellulars position in marketplace

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for employment with US Cellular...   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was complicated. The interview got rescheduled twice. Finally got it scheduled and completed. The manager wasn't acting very interested in the interview. It seemed like she had on duties she was trying to get back too.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in our company   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted by HR to answer some basic questions via email. A week later, the HR person emailed me to schedule two phone interviews for the next week. Two hours after the phone interviews I received an offer.

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delafield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Delafield, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

you apply on line, wait for what seems forever. Forget you even applied there and then out of the blue they call you and invite you in for an interview. Interview they ask if you know the sales process and as long as you have a bit of a clue you are eventually offered a position

Interview Questions

• do you know the sales process   1 Answer