U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.9

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Fast and efficient...I knew I was hired in 2 weeks. Uses a modern approach with the 1st interview over skype. 2nd stage was a 2 person panel for behavioral based interviewing.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Asheville, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Reviewed my resume and application, got the job and went right into job requirements. It did take forever for them to get back to me from the initial application to the interview, but that is because it went through the City of Asheville system.

Interview Questions

• Did I think I would be a good fit for the position?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process entailed of asking me brain processing questions, which I liked because it gave me a chance to show how well I can explain something to someone.

Sr. Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 steps involved with the interview process. The first one was with HR, second one with hiring manager followed by a technical interview. They were all scheduled on separate days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Went over resume and asked about salary expectation.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was mostly about call flows related to 4G LTE and troubleshooting scenarios.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I applied online from an email I received from an employee referral. The process was simple enough. My first interview was at the store location with 2 of the Sales Managers. Both we very friendly, and the interview was conversational with some of the typical questions. Seemed to me like most of the questions leaned more in the direction of personality, eagerness to learn, and morality. Customer focus was a very key note in the questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give and example of a situation where you had to give a customer bad news, and they didn't take it well. How did you resolve the issue? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Moline, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very long process, asks many questions that are based on experience but want tons of details. Star method. Too long needs to be shorter, not necessarily the best questions to find out if that person is a fit for the team. Can leav eout experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an employee that didn't agree with what you wanted to do?   1 Answer

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

You have to complete an online profile and upload your resume to apply for a job within the company. Next step is you fill out a mini assessment giving info on scenarios you've experienced in a technical or interpersonal work experience that relates to the job. After that you go through a phone interview answering questions about various technical scenarios and terms like DHCP, DNS, etc. Once that is completed you go in for an in person interview with the managers (3). Each manager meets with you for about an hour asking behavioral interview questions.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in August 2013.

Interview

The interview is a behavioral based interview. Be ready with Situation/Task, Actions you took, and Results of your actions. They want very specific details of the work you have done. Avoid generalizing and talking in a "philosophical" manner - facts, facts, facts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone to change their mind.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with three managers in three separate same day interviews. One was the hiring manager, one was a peer of the hiring manager, the other was the hiring manager's leader.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Tell us about your background, Tell us about a time you had a challenge and had to overcome it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Davenport, IA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very laid back, questions were typical. I waited for a while for the manager to call me back to get started. The interview lasted about 30 mins. The interview was in a small office and felt a little confined

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a hard situation   1 Answer