U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

U S Cellular Supply Chain Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for an office position at US Cellular corporate. Consisted of a phone screen with Human Resources, three 30 minute back-to-back phone interviews, and a two hour on-site interview. I drove four hours to my interview and four hours back. Less than a week later I received an automated, canned rejection email. No call, no feedback, just "While your background is impressive, we have elected to move forward with other candidates at this time." I received no response to my request for feedback either. The team was friendly during the interviews but this was highly inconsiderate to the amount of time and effort I put in.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions surrounding my background as listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter to see if I was interested in the position. By the end of the week we had a phone screening. I had in person interviews the following week and was offered a position less than two weeks from initial contact. There was some confusion as I was required to formally complete an online application after the phone screen, which then initiated their automated HireVue online interview process, but I was cleared of this after speaking with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my experience. How do I handle different types of conflict. What programs I am experienced with and how I currently utilize them. Specific questions about types of large, long term projects I have led and the different groups who contributed to them.   Answer Question

Business Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Bensenville, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interview for the intern position. A 30-minute telephonic interview with the hiring manager.
    1-hour onsite interview with the manager and senior manager. Both interviews went deep into the work experience and situational decisions.

Interview Questions

• In case of providing a bad news to the client, how would you phrase it or present it?   Answer Question

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Computer aptitude test. Diploma needed. Face to face interview within 2 days of passing aptitude test. You will also be required to take a drug test within 48 hrs of receipt of paper work for it.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle constant calls, complaints and how do you handle them.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Burlington, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough, with many historical questions on what you've done in the past, and how specific situations were handled. Talent acquisition company initially interviewed, then the hiring manager, along with another manager over the phone, The 1st interview was about 45 minutes, and the 2nd was over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time an upset customer came into the store, and how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

first had online interview. received an email that someone would contact me for an in person interview.
    a week went by and I did get an interview with two store managers. that went very well. They were very professional and welcoming. I was told I would hear back within a week. I did and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• give an example of a real life experience handling customer issue   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed electronically, Phone, Face to Face, then process from there on is there decision, It took about 3 weeks for all the steps to be done, add one more week for background that will be a month of hiring processes.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It took probably 3 months. Many phone interviews, 3 hours onsite with three different people, had to take a day off of work. I never heard from them again, even after I asked about the progress. Very rude.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, nothing too hard. Do you need a Powerpoint to present?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

Applied online was contacted by a recruiter as ask to take a online interview through hire view. Straight forward questions such as tell me a time ect. About 3 days later the same recruiter called and set up a in person interview when i arrived there were 4 managers in the interview all taking turns asking scripted questions such as explain a tim when you had to work with a team and what was the outcome. I think they are looking for short storys with a beginning middle and end. After about 20 questions we all talked for a few min they ask if i have any questions make sure you do they will cut the interview off if not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate with they have a set figure its take it or not.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

My Interview was with three different managers that are meant to identify personality strengths as well as ability to follow instructions and focus. The questions were situational and didn't really have a right or wrong answer but instead you are rated on how you answer. I believe it helps eliminate people who avoid tough questions and highlights people who can answer honestly and under pressure.

Interview Questions

• They were random questions provided to each interviewer that follow a S.T.A.R format (Situation, Task, Approach & Result)   Answer Question