U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Rocky Mount, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process is long. I have had two separate interviews with them and both we around two hours. Not to mention the two phone interviews before getting an in-store interview. They will ask you to answer questions in a manner that have designed and some of the questions are redundant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide a scenario when I had observed a problem that was customer service related and how I resolved the issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got an idea from a current employee and they offered me what I asked for.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, she gave me tips for facr to face. 1:1 was great. Very friendly, tour of building, very relaxed. General interview questions. Offered and accepted position. Drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a an angry customer   Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Quincy, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

As soon as I arrived, the manager on duty was outside all over her boyfriend, so I had to wait for her to come back in. This already made me feel uncomfortable. When it was time to be interviewed, the lady who interviewed me never introduced herself and rushed through the interview. I know I wouldn't get the job because other than the manager and lady I interviewed with, there were only young guys who worked in the position of which I was being interviewed for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a typical one, the interviewer was very nice.The interviewer asked questions relevant to the job. He was interested in my thoughts and questions. He took notes in his computer and made me feel at ease through the whole process. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer was a tad late due to a meeting, but that was understandable.

Interview Questions

I was unable to work the offered hours.

Statistic Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I got referred by friend. Process took about a month. Then I received an email said my interview schedule next week. Skype interview with 4 ppl in a row. 30 min each. They were team manager, director, tech ppl.

Interview Questions

• how to predict customers intend to leave us cellular   1 Answer

Interview

Met with both the director and the sr director of sales and just had conversation with them. No formal process since I was an internal promotion. The typical interview process would include a behavioral interview and a face to face touch base with the Sr. Director of Sales.

Device Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was about general behavioral questions and projects that I had mentioned in the resume. It was nothing technical. I was hired for the respective position. The interviewer was very polite. It was only a telephonic conversation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in January 2016.

Interview

I have applied online. I have got the call from HR manager and we had gone for about an hour interview. At the end of the conversation she said she will be forwarding my resume to the department managers and they will contact you.

Interview Questions

• Why U.S. Cellular
      Asked questions regarding the activities I do on campus
      Answer Question

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Galesburg, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I obtained an interview with on-site managers through a recruiter. This process included a video screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a request for an interview through said recruiter. The interview itself is medium-level in difficulty, asking for very detailed answers to scenario-based questions.

My only complaint was the recruiter stage of the process. My initial recruiter either changed her name or terminated her employment suddenly in the middle of my hiring process, so I had to re-apply to come in contact with a new recruiter. They may have contacted me at some point regardless of my follow-up, as they may have been working their way through her backlogged clients, but this hiccup did significantly lengthen the time it took to acquire an offer.

Overall the process is lengthier than previous interviews I've had, but average in question difficulty. They expect professionalism. I would recommend coming prepared--resumes printed, questions for the interviewer printed, schedule printed, etc. You need to know the position well and understand what makes you exceptionally qualified so you can bring it to the table during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario in which you assisted a customer in choosing the product that best fit their needs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Knoxville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

Was easy ask question that was off the computer,they tell you about the position before they starting asking questions and that they start asking question that they pull off the computer

Interview Questions

• Where you see yourself in five years   1 Answer