U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Marion, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Apply online, take online assessments. Initial phone interview and then a face interview. Both the phone and face interviews were friendly and professional. The background interview took 2 days. After I was hired and before my start date, they called me to make sure I had everything I needed to begin work next week (the day before Thanksgiving). I thought this was very thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose US Cellular?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Ankeny, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was a digital interview where you record yourself answering questions you get 30s to prep and 3 mins to answer. If you have anxiety and don't like recording videos would not recommend. You do not get any retrys.

Interview Questions

• What last job expierience do you think qualifies you for the job   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from an in-house recruiter about a week later. After the initial phone screening, a phone interview was set up for later that day, and then the following day a formal interview was set up for the following week. In total, I spoke with three different people: an internal recruiter, the manager, and the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Have you implemented any benefit programs? Describe a difficult conversation you've had to have with an employee and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Portland, ME) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager was friendly, we joked a lot during the interview. He was laid back but was still able to keep a very professional presence. He mentioned decent benefits and pay. They had a meeting every week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for U.S. Cellular?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Mason City, IA).

Interview

Based on actual circumstance, pretty easy. First was a phone interview with recruiter then had interview with store manager and area sales manager. Didn't actually use the script they were speed to follow. Asked me about specific experiences relating to job requirement

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have 2 associates who don't get along   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

First HR calls you for a phone interview,
    then the sales manager will interview with you, usually asking you to sell them something (role-play)
    If that goes well you will either be hired or get another interview with the store manager.
    After that, you go through about a month of training through privacy policy and role play. U.S. Cellular can still let you go if your role-play or sales approach is not effective, though this is rare.

It usually takes a long time to get hired though, I think I had to wait 1-2 months before I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?
      Get to know me, build rapport.   Answer Question

U S Cellular Supply Chain Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for an office position at US Cellular corporate. Consisted of a phone screen with Human Resources, three 30 minute back-to-back phone interviews, and a two hour on-site interview. I drove four hours to my interview and four hours back. Less than a week later I received an automated, canned rejection email. No call, no feedback, just "While your background is impressive, we have elected to move forward with other candidates at this time." I received no response to my request for feedback either. The team was friendly during the interviews but this was highly inconsiderate to the amount of time and effort I put in.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions surrounding my background as listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an in house recruiter to see if I was interested in the position. By the end of the week we had a phone screening. I had in person interviews the following week and was offered a position less than two weeks from initial contact. There was some confusion as I was required to formally complete an online application after the phone screen, which then initiated their automated HireVue online interview process, but I was cleared of this after speaking with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• General background questions about my experience. How do I handle different types of conflict. What programs I am experienced with and how I currently utilize them. Specific questions about types of large, long term projects I have led and the different groups who contributed to them.   Answer Question

Business Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bensenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Bensenville, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interview for the intern position. A 30-minute telephonic interview with the hiring manager.
    1-hour onsite interview with the manager and senior manager. Both interviews went deep into the work experience and situational decisions.

Interview Questions

• In case of providing a bad news to the client, how would you phrase it or present it?   Answer Question

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Bolingbrook, IL).

Interview

Computer aptitude test. Diploma needed. Face to face interview within 2 days of passing aptitude test. You will also be required to take a drug test within 48 hrs of receipt of paper work for it.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle constant calls, complaints and how do you handle them.   1 Answer