U.S. Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.9

Retail Wireless Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

The interviews are behavior based. "Tell me about a time when..." They are big on asking "what do you know about USC? You should know who the CEO, how many customers they have, what they offer besides phones, and a tid bit of history. History like, how old USC is. This is the lead question on every interview I've participated in /lead. You should also be prepared to answer the question, "Why US Cellular?" The answer is: the culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you knew what someone was telling you was wrong, and you had to correct their information.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made someone feel welcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary is negotiable. Hourly pay is slightly negotiable. But only slightly. If you feel like you're brought on low and cannot negotiate higher, set the expectation you'd like to prove your self for ___ amount of time. Then you can revisit the conversation. Then, follow through big time. The position is commission based.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Tulsa, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

They sit down with you and ask you some questions about yourself and some of your goals and experience in past jobs as wel as give you some examples of situations and how you waoild react to it.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in a time where a customer was angry about an order or service.   Answer Question

Customer Service Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Waukesha, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I first completed an over the phone interview. Next, I had to complete a virtual interview as well as complete some essay questions. Then I had to complete a skills assessment. Then I completed a face to face interview with 2 people. The next step was to interview with a site leader and the final step was to interview with the site director. The process was too long.

Interview Questions

• It was a behavioral based interview. Ex: What are you most proud of from your history of managing people?   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

It took 2 months from the application to the hire date. You interview with a few people, not just the hiring manager. You have a phone screening, phone interview, panel interview and then an interview with the manager. It is a long process but worth it.

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through the company website and a lady recruiter contacted me showing "VERY much interest" in interviewing me. But she wanted me to answer 5 questions through an email before setting up my interview with the hiring managers. One of the questions was about the salary range expected, to which I gave a range of expectation and clearly stated that despite stating my expectation, I am very open for negotiation. However, they only focused on the expected salary range that I quoted and the fact that they were not offering salary for this position in that quoted range. Based on this, they denied giving me an interview opportunity so that the "negotiation" which I was very open to do could ever happen.
    To make it worse, they also later sent me a "candidate experience survey" to know how my interviewing experience with them went.
    Which interviewing experience? I never got one – I paid for my honesty in answering their questions.
    RIDICULOUS.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone and personal interview were alarmingly brief and very comfortable and easy. The personal interview included a short tour of the very attractive facility and face to face meetings with several customers, as well as a short job shadowing session.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

You have to complete an online profile and upload your resume to apply for a job within the company. Next step is you fill out a mini assessment giving info on scenarios you've experienced in a technical or interpersonal work experience that relates to the job. After that you go through a phone interview answering questions about various technical scenarios and terms like DHCP, DNS, etc. Once that is completed you go in for an in person interview with the managers (3). Each manager meets with you for about an hour asking behavioral interview questions.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to take a virtual interview through HireVue, which I completed. The recruiter notified me he forwarded my information to the hiring manager and should expect to hear from someone in the next couple weeks. I was then contacted by a store manager from the area. I returned his call and set up an in person interview time. He then called me back that same day, said he had overbooked himself and needed me to come in on a Saturday, though he had actually confused me with someone else. After reminding him of our interview time he said he could still make our meeting. On the day of the interview he arrived 10 minutes late, teased me about being in the hot seat, and began to explain the interview process to me in minute detail, like I didn't know the proper way to respond or behave in an interview. After asking for my background he cut me off before I could finish, then asked me why I was interested in becoming a retail consultant, even though I had applied for a store manager position. When I informed him of this he blamed the recruiter and said the two interviews were basically the same. He then jumped around his interview questions, which did not discuss leadership scenarios or anything I perceived as relevant to the position I had believed I was applying for. In the middle of the interview he said he didn't think I had the experience necessary (which contradicted the job description posted, and my forward momentum through the recruiting process) and asked if I'd be willing to consider a part time sales position. He was not prepared for the interview, familiar with my resume or the position I was applying for, and was unprofessional and condescending. Needless to say I was not hired for the position, but I do not feel that my talent or abilities were genuinely considered.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to influence a buying decision.   Answer Question

RWC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week about an interview. Then I went in for a 1 on 1 interview with the store manger. They manily asked questions about my background and how I would fit in the position.

Interview Questions

• What personal skills mak you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Purchasing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Cellular (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people... I can understand the first two. The first person was the Manager of the Purchasing department and the second person was the supervisor of that department, but the third person was not even a part of that department/team. He didn't have an idea what the day to day functions were for the purchasing department. I never received a phone call or e-mail regarding feedback, I assumed I didn't get the position because I never received follow up. After checking the "application status" tool on the employers website, it is still listed as "contact for the initial interview" which was listed before the actual in person interview. Employer should send feedback to all who have interviewed for an actual position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions... how would you handle this situation? It seemed like all three asked the same set of behavioral questions back to back.   Answer Question